Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exeter
    • Mar 2009

[CMS] CMS permissions broken after upgrade to 4.2

Unregistered users (and any other usergroup for that matter) cannot view a CMS section when "Can Read" is checked.
    Opening content.php results in the "You don't have permission" page.
    Going directly to an article works as expected.

Only when "Can publish" is checked, the user group gains access to the CMS section. content.php works as expected.

Can anyone else repro this?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Is the home section published?
    Is the home section set to "Show on Section widget" > Yes

Comment

• Exeter
      • Mar 2009

The section is published.
      Where do I check "Show on section widget"?

I have tracked the problem down to this line in vBCms_Item_Content::CanView()
      $this->hidden is true

//Hidden flag applies to the section. An article is never hidden if we're going directly to it.
      if ($this->hidden AND ($this->contenttypeid == vb_Types::instance()->getContentTypeID("vBCms_Section") ))
      {
      return (in_array($this->permissionsfrom, vB::$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['cms']['canpublish']) );
      }

Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Edit each section.

Comment

• Exeter
          • Mar 2009

There is no "Show on section Widget" in "vbulletin CMS > Section Manager > Edit Home section".
          I think I pressed every button in the CMS section. Can you please be more verbose.

FIX
          I fixed the issue by setting field "hidden" to 0 in the table "_cms_node" for my section.
          How that field got to be 1, I don't know. UnPublish/RePublish had no effect on it.

There is a bug here somewhere.
          Last edited by Exeter; Fri 25 May '12, 9:46am.

Comment

• HondaATC
            • Mar 2004
            • 4.1.x

I just encountered this EXACT same thing after creating a new section and trying to put a new article in it. I'm going to try editing the table as you've mentioned and see if that fixes it for me.
            Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

• slipperyduck
              • May 2012
              • 4.1.x

Just edited the table as suggested and it doesnt work for me - guest/not-logged-in still get permission denied - I'm still hunting.
              and yes, the work-around is to untick [Create Content] (if you dont want them able to create articles) and then tick [Can Publish]

So most definatly is to do with the code:

if ($this->hidden AND ($this->contenttypeid == vb_Types::instance()->getContentTypeID("vBCms_Section") ))
              {
              return (in_array($this->permissionsfrom, vB::$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['cms']['canpublish']) );
              }
              Last edited by slipperyduck; Wed 30 May '12, 12:22am.

Comment

• Palmcone
                • May 2012
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Exeter
                There is no "Show on section Widget" in "vbulletin CMS > Section Manager > Edit Home section".
                I think I pressed every button in the CMS section. Can you please be more verbose.
                Please forgive me if I am not using the correct phrases here. I'm new to all this and had the same problem.

The "Show in section Widget" option is a radio button on the front side of the CMS when you edit the section. It's under "Display Settings" in the right hand "Publishing Options" column.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...