• Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Comment

• DAMINK
      • Jun 2010

That does not address the OP's issue though Matthew.
      There was 2 parts to his question.
      The first got a NO cant be done.
      The second is a hack and not an option within VB.

Unless of course you were replying to me?
      In which case it still makes no sense either???
      FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

• pnhltt
        • Feb 2011
        • 4.1.x

Agree with DAMINK. To provide a new feature (activity stream in user profile in particular) without giving any way of getting rid of it or controlling it in admincp is at least strange. Raw feature with no control over it in admincp. Why add it? Rhetorical question. It seems to be the way vbulletin operates.

Comment

• adbox
          • Dec 2010

Am looking for a way to only show tabs to a certain usergroup too. Any update on this? [edit] I discovered that if you place the Show Permission Name as 'member' then it will restrict the display of a tab to a logged in user. But it didn't seem to work with a custom usergroup for me.
          Last edited by adbox; Thu 28 Jun '12, 9:55pm.

Comment

• joshkrz
            • Feb 2012

Is there any way I can get my normal home page back? The activity stream has automatically become my landing page when people visit my forum.

Comment

• Dustin L.
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by joshkrz
              Is there any way I can get my normal home page back? The activity stream has automatically become my landing page when people visit my forum.
              Yes you can.

Settings -> Navigation Manager -> Click "Set Default" under the "Forum" tab, or whatever tab you desire.
              http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
              http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• MacroPhotoPro
                • Feb 2012
                • 4.2.x

Originally posted by DAMINK
                What exactly do you mean?
                The stream is an option entirely for all owners and we can just turn it off?
                Or the way vb.com loads the stream as default?
                Because if its the latter then it might be worth noting i have changed nothing in my settings here, so that leads me to believe its a default setting.
                In other words it was thrust on me, rather than it being an option.

I agree with you, this is f***ing annoying.

I want my index.php to be my default landing point ... not this GD "Activity Stream."

I no longer have a "Home" tab at all!

I want my Home tab back, I want my Index.php to be my default landing site, and I don't want to see this "Activity Stream" again ...

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jack
                Website | Facebook | Flickr Photostream

Comment

• Amaury
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MacroPhotoPro
                  I agree with you, this is f***ing annoying.

I want my index.php to be my default landing point ... not this GD "Activity Stream."

I no longer have a "Home" tab at all!

I want my Home tab back, I want my Index.php to be my default landing site, and I don't want to see this "Activity Stream" again ...

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jack
                  You can set the default tab in the Navigation Manager.

Regarding your missing tab, if you customized your navigation bar prior to 4.2.0, then you need to revert the navbar template because of the way Navigation Manager changed it.
                  Former vBulletin user

Comment

• MacroPhotoPro
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 4.2.x

Thank you for responding, and I did customize my Nav Tabs.

How do I "revert" the Navbar template?

It is absolutely annoying that Vbulletin would just FORCE this $#!^ on its customers, making them do hours of research/work just to get their site to look normal (and the way they like it) again.

If I wanted to change to this GD "activity stream," it should be MY choice ... not VBulletin's ... to do. My entire site is customized.

The geeks who invented this "activity stream" idea may have computer savvy, but they have no concept of the worth of people's time and their right to their own preferences on their own site.

When people put in uncountable hours into the look of their site ... they do NOT want to "upgrade" and have that look removed ... and thereby be forced to spend a bunch of f***ing DOWNtime learning how to get their site back to normal again.

Jack

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

In the admincp, search for the template "NAVBAR", highlight it and click "Revert" on the right hand side.

Take a copy of it first just in case.

vB changed the way the navbar was done because it one of THE most requested features...a means to manage your navbar links without messing about editing complicated templates. If you have already customised them (as I had) it's a little bit of pain for a massive long term gain (it becomes dead easy to do).
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• MacroPhotoPro
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 4.2.x

Well, maybe so, but right now it is a massive pain ... and most of my Tabs are completely customized ... so "reverting" obliterated most of them ... and all I want is a HOME tab to display my content.

I have a custom Articles Tab rght now, so I disabled the default Articles tab, which means my "Forum" tab now lights up when I am on an article (which is confusing).

The forum tab should only highlight when people are on the Forum ...

I don't know why they would remove a default HOME Tab ... as a "Home Page" is a defacto standard that every one and their mother looks for (not an "activity stream" )

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                          • May 2002
                          • 1.1.x

They didn't remove the default Home tab, they moved it to the Navigation Manager and renamed it to Articles by default.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...