Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimnyc
    • Aug 2003

[Forum] Activity Stream questions....

I noticed that when logged off, I can still see the activity stream. Is there a way to disable this for guests?

Additionally, when I visit someone's profile, I see it has the stream there too. Is there a way to not have this run in profiles?

Thanks!
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

AFAIK, there is no way to configure it like that yet.

Comment

• jimnyc
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
      Ok, I appreciate your response! I was just concerned about how much resources it may take up when available to guests and on all the profiles.

Comment

• Skyrider
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
        If I may ask, why? Adding a feature but not adding any control over it to whom may view it.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

It goes based off of all other permissions in the software. So they can't see anything there they wouldn't normally be able to.

Comment

• wii
            • Sep 2000
            • 3.8.x

Can I disable this funtion?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Not at this time without modifications to the code.

Comment

• lieutan
                • Sep 2002
                • 4.2.X

Mine is not showing the posters avatar. Is that normal? The space is there as where the avatar would normally be but no avatar.

Comment

• lieutan
                  • Sep 2002
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by lieutan
                  Mine is not showing the posters avatar. Is that normal? The space is there as where the avatar would normally be but no avatar.
                  Any ideas?

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                    • May 2002
                    • 1.1.x

Try rebuilding your avatar thumbnails. (Admin CP -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails and Rebuild Avatar Thumbnails)

Make sure that both thumbnail folders are writable by PHP. (By default, these are customavatars/thumbs and images/avatars/thumbs.)

Comment

• webestilo
                      • May 2010

I've tried but still the same problem

Comment

• DAMINK
                        • Jun 2010

Im new to VB compared to most but this activity is just insane!
                        Its like its been released 15 versions too early.
                        "No control over it" i hear often. And that gets released??
                        There ABSOLUTELY should have been the option to disable it before thrusting it onto users IMO.
                        I was able to atleast stop its spammy look and force another tab to open first but with effort. Not with standard functions.
                        This really HAS to be fixed IMO. Sure some active forums will love it. But some wont. It has to be an option not a Mandatory addition IMO!

Honestly now when i login to VB.com..... YUCK! Having to look at that ugly stream. I am a simple man. I like to navigate at my own leisure.
                        FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

• warlord0
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 4.1.x

This can be controlled with a little editting of the new Navigation options in the AdminCP.

Some of our users aren't big fans of it. But others including myself quite like it. I have made it such that it is not the replacement of the "What's New" tab, but is used for the subtabs and "New Posts".

Didn't think I'd like the "facebookishness" of it, but now I find it quite useful.

But agree it was a mistake to turn it on as the default. As an admin I've learned that we never win. Users want change, but then ***** about stuff when you change it and ***** about stuff when you don't.
                          Last edited by warlord0; Fri 1 Jun '12, 2:35am.

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by DAMINK
                            Im new to VB compared to most but this activity is just insane!
                            Its like its been released 15 versions too early.
                            "No control over it" i hear often. And that gets released??
                            There ABSOLUTELY should have been the option to disable it before thrusting it onto users IMO.
                            I was able to atleast stop its spammy look and force another tab to open first but with effort. Not with standard functions.
                            This really HAS to be fixed IMO. Sure some active forums will love it. But some wont. It has to be an option not a Mandatory addition IMO!

Honestly now when i login to VB.com..... YUCK! Having to look at that ugly stream. I am a simple man. I like to navigate at my own leisure.
                            It *is* an option.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• DAMINK
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mark.B
                              It *is* an option.
                              What exactly do you mean?
                              The stream is an option entirely for all owners and we can just turn it off?
                              Or the way vb.com loads the stream as default?
                              Because if its the latter then it might be worth noting i have changed nothing in my settings here, so that leads me to believe its a default setting.
                              In other words it was thrust on me, rather than it being an option.
                              FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...