Its it possible to add a sub-menu without using a template hook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boofo
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Its it possible to add a sub-menu without using a template hook?

I am trying to add a sub-menu to the beginning of the line but there seems to be no template hook to cover that. Is there another way to do it? I would use the Navigation Manager but it doesn't accept variables does it?
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden
  • AusPhotography
    • Nov 2007

The NM URL can have variables...

eg.
    Code:
    		<link name="aplink_search" date="1337135420" username="APcompetition" version="3.0.0">
    			<active>1</active>
    			<show>member</show>
    			<parent>aptab_competition</parent>
    			<displayorder>40</displayorder>
    			<url><![CDATA[apcompetition.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=search&apmycomps=1]]></url>
    		</link>
    environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

The only variable I have been able to get to work in there is {vb:raw session.sessionurl}.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

I finally, with help, got it figured out. I added a drop-down sub-kink menu all in a plugin without any template usage at all. It is even in the row spot that I wanted it in and on whatever tabs I wanted it in. It works pretty slick once you figure out how to add links to it and position it where you want it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...