X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinayagam
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Tim Wheatley
    I just deleted index.php, copied forum.php and renamed it to index.php. Now I have the forum back, and if someone wants the activity stream they can still get it through what's new.
    brother dont need this much of deficults

its very easy go to

admin CP > Settings > Navigation Manager > There you can see forum and Edit option dont go edit option click top of the Edit option then it will show SET DEFAULT just select SET DEFAULT automatically will change what you want

if you not under stand see this picture
    Attached Files

Comment

• sodasusu
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

nice answer its work

Comment

• richpal
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.6.x

I agree, the upgrade should make 'forums' the default as previous, with the option to make the 'activity stream' the default if required.

It took me some time to figure out how to switch off the 'activity stream' and I don't think this is the best way forward, plus I now have a double /forum/forum.php on the site which looks somewhat amateurish.

I need to take a look over at vbulletin.org to see what they have on offer

Comment

• postcd
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Mr_Running
          @ dilbert
          If you do not wish to use it at all no worries.
          See here...
          I dont have an option navigation manager there, and my forum index page is that stupid Activity stream, and i cant get it out. Please can anyone help.

​// after page refresh it appeared. F5
          Last edited by postcd; Sat 14 Dec '13, 6:25am.
          vBulletin hosting from $0.5 monthly

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by postcd
            I dont have an option navigation manager there, and my forum index page is that stupid Activity stream, and i cant get it out. Please can anyone help.

​// after page refresh it appeared. F5
            To change the default tab to Forum for example go to the drop down menu on the Forum line and from the drop down menu choose "Set Default" and then your forum will be the default page instead of the activity stream.

Comment

• Phaedrus
              • Jul 2006

Okay, I do this and it works, somewhat. If you log in from the page it brings you to when I set the forum tab as default it doesn't appear to remember the cookies (doesn't automatically bring me in logged in) and then it doesn't redirect properly to the justplainpolitics.com/forum.php url, it gives me a redirect error. This happened if I used ones I created or tried to set the forum.php to the default.

I wound up keeping activity.php even though my members would prefer otherwise. I'd bet they would be more upset that they had to log in every time because it doesn't remember their cookies and then being redirected to an error message.

This would be an awesome improvement, and I love the ability to add links and tabs. I just wish it redirected properly when I selected a new default.
              Last edited by Phaedrus; Sun 5 Jan '14, 5:54pm.
              No, my site isn't about Motorcycle Maintenance...

Comment