• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinucello
    • Mar 2006
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Allow read access of social group to registered users only

Hi,

in the social group settings I can choose different ways of handling memberships. But I found no way to make a social group invisible for guests/non registered users and leave the "grouptype" public?

Isn`t this possible?

Thank you - all the best,
    Sacha
    Thermomix, Rezepte und Küchenmaschinen
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You cannot set it so users cannot even see that the group exists. You may only set it so non-members may not read any discussions in it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• sinucello
      • Mar 2006
      • 4.2.X

Hi,
      Originally posted by Lynne
      You cannot set it so users cannot even see that the group exists. You may only set it so non-members may not read any discussions in it.
      that would be enough if you mean non-forum-members (unregistered) and not non-group members. If so, how can this be done?

thank you,
      Sacha

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

No, I mean non-groups members - users who are not subscribed to the group.

If that is what you want, AdminCP > Settings > Options > Group Options > Allow Join-to-View Groups > Yes and then when you create the group, check the option for Join-To-View.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• sinucello
          • Mar 2006
          • 4.2.X

Thanks. I think this is a missing feature then and I`ll write a feature request.
          It should be possible to create groups that are readable for registered users without having to join the group while at the same time the group remains unreadable for guests.

In general the groups should have the same features and options as the forums.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

You can see it so Unregistered Users cannot see the groups at all in the Usergroup Manager. There is just no way to do this for individual groups - it's all or nothing.

Comment