X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevectaylor
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Branding Free

Apart from the obvious removal of the Vbulletin etc., What are the benefits of the branding free package?
    Holiday Forum
    Motor Car Forum
    Political Forum
    Web Hosting Forum
  • Neal-UK
    • Feb 2004

I bought a branding free years ago as to me it just looks more professional not having other company names branded onto your website. I also thought it would reduce the chances of competing sites using the same software. I finally closed that site down as it died but I use the software on another.

Some people may use their site as a portfolio of work they can do and don't want to "give away" the fact that it wasn't all their own work.
    [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by stevectaylor
      Apart from the obvious removal of the Vbulletin etc., What are the benefits of the branding free package?
      Personally I do not see any benefit from it. It is a waste of money imho.

Comment

• Gomjaba
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by borbole
        Personally I do not see any benefit from it. It is a waste of money imho.
        Ditto ... People who know any kind of forum / community software will recognize it as vbulletin one way or another ... I find it funny that people sometimes spend that sort of money for the branding free option and still have the "Powered by vBulletin" in their header, have template names in the source switched on and even still use /admincp and /modcp in its default location without password protection (using .htaccess) - so yea .. waste of money
        I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

• stevectaylor
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

Reason I asked was it seem alot just to remove a small amount of VB titles.
          Holiday Forum
          Motor Car Forum
          Political Forum
          Web Hosting Forum

Comment

• Gomjaba
            • Jan 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by stevectaylor
            Reason I asked was it seem alot just to remove a small amount of VB titles.
            Well if it would be cheaper everyone would do that and I am sure IB wants to keep that as advertising
            I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

• CozmicShredder
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.2.X

I did it just because I could!

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                • May 2002
                • 1.1.x

It's offered because there is demand for it. If you really want that branding gone, it's available, if not, don't worry about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...