X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lpspider
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] moderator not recieving reported post notifications

One of my moderators is not receiving reported post notifications as a super moderator. I'm an administrator and I am recieving them. They claim it's not in their spam folder. I checked the following settings:

Receive admin emails - yes
    user infractions post reporting options - email moderators, super moderators, administrators
    email diagnostics - no problem

Can anything else cause them not to receive notifications?
    Check out my creative writing forum.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

So, everyone else gets them fine? Is their e-mail address on the forum correct? Are they able to get other e-mails from your forums?

Comment

• Lpspider
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.6.x

Yes, the other moderators and myself get the notifications just fine. The email is correct. I'm waiting to hear back from this moderator as to whether they receive the other notifications.

Occassionally I'll get support emails from newly registered users saying they never received the confirmation email. I always assumed these emails were mistakenly spam filtered or delayed for a few hours, but maybe it's related?

Comment

• Lpspider
        • Oct 2005
        • 3.6.x

I've spoken to the moderator and he's also received other site emails, such as the registration message.

Can someone please help? I've tried everything I can think of.

Comment

• Lpspider
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.6.x

bump...

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Have you upgraded recently? I've ran into this on one site where, after a upgrade all Moderators were being set back to plain users for some odd reason, I was never able to trace it down so we simply reset their usergroup back to Moderator. Please check this real quick by viewing the Moderator's profile in the admincp who is not receiving emails, is his/her primary usergroup still listed as "Moderator" ?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Lpspider
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.6.x

I haven't upgraded recently, but did maybe a few months ago. I checked this user and the usergroup is Staff, which is the Super Moderator group renamed, and this usergroup is the primary usergroup. It is the Super Moderator usergroup and is the same usergroup the other moderators are in that do receive the notifications successfully.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

What is this moderators Primary Usergroup? Is it the default Super Moderator usergroupid 5?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Lpspider
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.6.x

The moderator's primary group is "Staff" which was previously called "Super Moderator" and is id: 5.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Are they set as a Moderator of the forum? Are there any Moderators of the forum they are not receiving reports from?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Lpspider
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Hey Lynne,

They are set to the super moderator usergroup. One of these super moderators is not receiving reported posts, but the others are....

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

And Super Moderator is their *primary* usergroup for every one of them?

Comment

• Lpspider
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                          And Super Moderator is their *primary* usergroup for every one of them?
                          Turns out one moderator had super moderator permissions as a secondary user. I changed it to primary.

This was not, however, the moderator in question who has not recieving emails. The super moderator usergroup is set as this users primary.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Have you checked your email logs on your server to see if the emails are being sent to him?

Comment