X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lifanovsky
    • Oct 2004

[Forum] Unable to add tags

Hello!

When using forum as administrator and try to add tags to some thread, it says "The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by (1)". When I try to do the same as a normal user, I can add tags easily. I have check the permissions for the admin group - they can add tags. Also, when I try to add tags as admin, it says I can add 150 more tags, but afterwards displays the abovementioned error.

Where can I search for a clue?

Thasnk you in advance!
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru
  • Abdulla Ashoor
    • Feb 2005

check your vbulletin setting for "Maximum Tags per Thread" and "Maximum Tags Applied by Thread Starter" from 'Tagging Options'
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• lifanovsky
      • Oct 2004

Both set to unlimited right now. And also - its only me, i.e. admin who can't add tags. When I log in as a normal user, I am able to do it..

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
        • Feb 2005

If you say so, then check your admin user group under Post / Thread Permissions
        - Can Tag Others' Threads
        - Can Create Tags

you can't specify limit for tagging from Usergroup Manager. If you getting "The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by xx " error then it's refereed to tagging options.

Comment

• lifanovsky
          • Oct 2004

Checked and doublechecked this. Everything is set to "yes". But still users can add tags and admin can't. Have no idea where else to search for the solution..

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
            • Feb 2005

you could start a ticket support for further investigation.

Comment

• lifanovsky
              • Oct 2004

Opened a ticket, somehow the problem was solved - couldn't understand how. And now it's all over again - noone can add tags on my forum.. Absolutely no idea, how to solve it..

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                • May 2002
                • 1.1.x

Can you be more specific? What happens when you try to add tags? Have you tried with a completely default style? Have you tried after disabling any third-party products that you have?

Comment

• lifanovsky
                  • Oct 2004

When I try to add tags - both as admin and as a test user with standard permissions, it says "The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by (1)". The setting for adding tags are all set to yes. I tried to do it with default style and with adding define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in config.php. No result.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                    • Oct 2004

Totally stuck..

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                      • Feb 2005

who solve your problem last time? and what was the solution?

Comment

• Merjawy
                        • Sep 2002

Check Taging Options

AdminCP > Settings >> Options >> Tagging Options
                        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• lifanovsky
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by al3bed
                          who solve your problem last time? and what was the solution?
                          I was talking to Lynne - that's how it was:
                          When using forum as administrator and try to add tags to some thread, it says "The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by (1)". When I try to do the same as a normal user, I can add tags easily. I have check the permissions for the admin group - they can add tags. Also, when I try to add tags as admin, it says I can add 150 more tags, but afterwards displays the abovementioned error.

setting for "Maximum Tags per Thread" and "Maximum Tags Applied by Thread Starter" from 'Tagging Options' set to unlimited right now. And also - its only me, i.e. admin who can't add tags. When I log in as a normal user, I am able to do it..

admin user group under Post / Thread Permissions
                          - Can Tag Others' Threads
                          - Can Create Tags

Checked and doublechecked this. Everything is set to "yes". But still users can add tags and admin can't. Have no idea where else to search for the solution..

thank you!

Hello,

I was not able to login using the username/password you provided.

Please go through the following troubleshooting steps:

First download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

If you have vbseo installed, you must disable this via it's own control panel AND remove any htaccess you added to your .htaccess file for it.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Lynne Sands
                          vBulletin Support Staff
                          vBulletin.org Admin

Hello, Lynne.

Tried all this with no luck. What else can I try?

Just in case attaching admin login once again.

Thank you very much!

Boris

Hello,

Can you provide me with a link to a thread where you are getting this problem so I may check it out myself?

Lynne Sands
                          vBulletin Support Staff
                          vBulletin.org Admin

Actually you can try any thread. For example this one: http://www.forumklassika.ru/showthread.php?t=86269&page=16&p=1258553#post1258553

Hello,

It doesn't look like you went through the steps I gave you. I see no default style on your site and all the modifications are still enabled. You also did not reupload all default files since your /includes/class_core.php file is modified. I need you to go through the steps I outlined before I can start troubleshooting the issue.

Lynne Sands
                          vBulletin Support Staff
                          vBulletin.org Admin

Hello, Lynne.

Its a production site so I can't keep all plugins disabled. There's just a few of them, so maybe you can disable them yourself for the period you look at the site?

Class_core.php after line

restore_error_handler();

contains

$this->sql = "SET NAMES cp1251 COLLATE cp1251_general_ci";
                          $this->execute_query(true, $link);
                          ;

I need this due to specific settings that I use since the forum is in Russian.

As for the style - I thought that you told me to create it myself while I try fix the issue myself, so I tried and then deleted it. I will re-create it - it will be called temp.

Thank you!

Hello Boris,

I went to this thread with the temp style and I was able to add the tag "testing" just fine - http://www.forumklassika.ru/showthread.php?t=86269&page=16&p=1258553&styleid=45

So, I believe your problem is with something in your custom style, not a modification.

Lynne Sands
                          vBulletin Support Staff
                          vBulletin.org Admin

Crazy house. Right now I can add any tags even with my default style, which is not really highly customised..

Alright, Lynne, sorry for bothering - maybe there's really something I have to investigate myself.. Anyway, really sorry, hope it didn't take too much of your time. Thank you!

Please, close this ticket.

Originally posted by Merjawy
                          Check Taging Options

AdminCP > Settings >> Options >> Tagging Options
                          I did, everything is fine there - everything is allowed..

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                            • Feb 2005

Your problem with tags was with the style not the tagging options? I'm not sure why this error displayed to you when try to add tags... So you may need to reopen that ticket or start new one to let us investigation more.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                              • Oct 2004

I am totally unsure what exactly is the key to the problem.. 99.9% sure its not tagging options.. And looks like its not the style since when I use default style with hooks disabled it doesn't work either..
                              Alright, I'll reopen the ticket..

Comment