Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeyfiHoca
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Table Optimization and Repair Issue!

Hi everybody;

I have a problem with some of the tables. I want to optimize and repair them but I cannot do it.

When I check the tables and start the process, it never completes.

Could you please tell me how I can resolve it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	3723347
    Last edited by SeyfiHoca; Sun 20 May '12, 12:32am.
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

try to choice small tables first and optimize them first,
    then choice single big table like ; posts,searchcore_text and optimize it one by one ,

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• SeyfiHoca
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

I do this one by one. But the problem is to do with the big ones

I waited for almost 12 hours but it just says "please wait"

I am really desperate

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SeyfiHoca
        I do this one by one. But the problem is to do with the big ones

I waited for almost 12 hours but it just says "please wait"

I am really desperate

Seems the search tables are giving you the issue due to the size, empty the search index then rebuild it .

AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools (if a lower version it's simply "Update Counters") > *Now scroll to find:

Rebuild Search Index
        Note:
        You should not normally need to empty the search index, however if items are showing in search results after they have been permanently deleted then emptying the index and rebuilding the search index will fix this. Search will not work correctly after emptying the index until the index is fully rebuilt. Click Here to empty the search index.
        Click the link to empty your search index, afterwords simply rebuild .

Edit: If you have issues rebuilding then change the value under Number of items to process per batch from 250 to a lower value of 50-100 or so, it will take longer however if your having issues it will more than likely push on through and run using a lower value.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• SeyfiHoca
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

there are 98.000 threads, 1.100.000 messages and 129.000 members.

how long do you think the process lasts, approximately?

I will do it in 50s.

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SeyfiHoca
            Hi everybody;

I have a problem with some of the tables. I want to optimize and repair them but I cannot do it.

When I check the tables and start the process, it never completes.

Could you please tell me how I can resolve it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59520[/ATTACH]
            You mean the tables still show overhead ? That is normal as vB 4 has some tables converted from MyISAM to InnoDB storage engine and due to nature of InnoDB shared table space (all InnoDB data + index reside in a single file i.e. ibdata1), the overhead reported is of that shared table space. Basically, InnoDB doesn't support OPTIMIZE command, you can read up on differences and why on my blog at http://vbtechsupport.com/675/. If you do run OPTIMIZE on large InnoDB tables, it will take a very long time to rebuild the table as OPTIMIZE is remapped to ALTER table for InnoDB if you have unoptimised InnoDB settings and don't have required server resources to handle InnoDB (memory and disk space).

Emptying search tables and rebuilding search won't help and running OPTIMIZE will only just increase InnoDB shared table space size.

FYI, you do not need to run OPTIMIZE or REPAIR for InnoDB tables only MyISAM

To double check if your tables are MyISAM or InnoDB, query to run on page 2 if you have ssh telnet access http://vbtechsupport.com/675/2/
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...