Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boofo
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

Yes, with that link first and then going to the SV editor, I can edit and save them just fine. Just not firectly from the Style Manager link.

The path fix didn't work, either, by the way.
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

What version of php are you running?

It sounds like an old xml parser bug.

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

PHP: 5.3.10
        Web Server: litespeed
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Weird, from time to time I'll see the xml parser break on php and basicly not parse out & correctly, which breaks the links.

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

What is strange is that the Style Variable Editor dropdown GO button is the only place in the whole Admin CP that times out like that. But I have noticed other areas of the site that time out like that from time to time. Do they really even need Suhosin or is that more of a hosting company requirement?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

suhosin tightens some settings in php, its not required but if well tuned could help protect from things.

Comment

• Boofo
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

Instead of having to the "Style Variable Editor" dropdown and clicking the GO button, is there a direct link for each style that I can use as a menu item for that instead?

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                  • May 2002
                  • 1.1.x

stylevar.php?dostyleid=x is the script that it links to.

Comment

• Boofo
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 4.1.x

Thank you very much, sir. I tried to follow it through the stylevar.php file and I got lost somehow. Been up to long working on this, I guess.

stylevar.php?dostyleid=-1 is the correct way to do the Master Style Variable Editor, right? It works, but I want to make sure it is correct.

Since I can't seem to figure out a way around the timeout issue yet, this may be the next best thing for now until we get the host to somehow correct things. Again, thank you for the quick response.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                      • May 2002
                      • 1.1.x

-1 for the master style is correct, yes. Also of note, -2 is the master mobile style.

Comment

• Boofo
                        • Apr 2002
                        • 4.1.x

You know, now that I see that in your post, that makes perfect sense. Thank you for that.

Do the templates work the same way also, then?

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                          • May 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Yeah, they should. I've seen some templates with a styleid of -10 in the database that is part of the master style, but I'm not sure why.

Comment

• Boofo
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 4.1.x

IIRC, someone else noticed that a while back and they never did figure out what the -10 was for. Or at least I never heard, anyway. I don't try to figure that stuff out anymore as long as things keep working.

Thank you again for the verification and the link. You saved me on this one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...