Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgeB
    • Nov 2008

[Forum] Moderating all new threads

Under post / thread permissions, if I set the Follow forum moderation rules to no, it will only make us moderate new threads, and NOT new posts rights? As in comments to the thread?
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

That option should make all posts go to the moderation queue.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• GeorgeB
      • Nov 2008

I was able to figure it out. Been a while since I have used the software. It is in forum moderation and its the option to moderate all new threads.
      George Beale
      www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

• GeorgeB
        • Nov 2008

Also, since I am enabling thread moderation for all the main forums, will it also put threads into moderation that admins and moderators create as well? If so, is there a way for it not to?
        George Beale

Comment

• Rafa-el
          • Feb 2010
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
          Also, since I am enabling thread moderation for all the main forums, will it also put threads into moderation that admins and moderators create as well? If so, is there a way for it not to?
          No, but if you set them as a custom permission to bypass their threads and not follow the moderation rules by default, then they'll not be under moderation.

Also, that option it's at the AdminCP > Usergroups > Permissions.
          Jesus is coming. Are you ready?

Comment

• GeorgeB
            • Nov 2008

So, I just set their permissions through the usergroups to follow the moderation rules, and their postings/threads will not be moderated?

When I have been creating each forum, I have chosen to moderate all new threads, so that is why I was making sure that admins wouldn't be included for that.

I made a test post, and it didn't get moderated, but didn't know if it had anything to do with the permissions or the fact that I am a super admin.
            George Beale

Comment