X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • znmnky
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Suspect File Version on a update

I just updated our installation to 4.1.12 Patch 1 and ran the suspect file diagnostic tool. I keep finding the same files as being "suspect" even though I know they are clean. The files index.php forum.php and several others are listed

forum.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    index.php File does not contain expected contents
    vbulletin-forumhome.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_ajax_namesugg.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_ajax_reputation.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_ajax_tagsugg.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_ajax_threadslist.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_global.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    jquery-1.6.1.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    jquery-1.6.1.min.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    adminfunctions_backup.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    class_dm_picture.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_wysiwyg.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    I've checked a few of these, reinstalled them, downloaded the index.php and forum.php and opened them in an editor and they are the correct patch version of the files.

Any idea as to what is going on?
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

"File not recognized as part of vBulletin" means it's not part of the current version, so it's either leftover from an older version or it's part of a mod. I checked a number of the files above and they are not in fact included in vb4.1.12. However, forum.php and index.php are, so those are a puzzle. In the output, were they listed under "./", or are they maybe in a different directory?

Edit: Also, if you open index.php or forum.php does it say vb4.1.12 Patch Level 1 at the top?
    Last edited by kh99; Sat 12 May '12, 4:05pm.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

You havent listed what folders its finding those files in, maybe you have [old] copies in folders that shouldnt have them.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

The message you'd want to be more concerned about would be "File does not contain expected contents".
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• znmnky
          • Dec 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by klh
          However, forum.php and index.php are, so those are a puzzle. In the output, were they listed under "./", or are they maybe in a different directory?

Edit: Also, if you open index.php or forum.php does it say vb4.1.12 Patch Level 1 at the top?
          index.php and forum.php are both in "./" directory and both were freshly deleted (not overwritten) and uploaded from the download file from the customer area.

As you can see from the code below it contains the "4.1.12 Patch Level 1" (I've removed the licence number but it is also there).
          As far as I can tell there is nothing bizzare in the index.php file.

Code:
          /*======================================================================*\
          || #################################################################### ||
          || # vBulletin 4.1.12 Patch Level 1 - Licence Number XXXXXXXXXX
          || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
          || # Copyright ©2000-2012 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. ||
          || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
          || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
          || # [URL]http://www.vbulletin.com[/URL] | [URL]http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html[/URL] # ||
          || #################################################################### ||
          \*======================================================================*/
          /**
           * If you want to move this file to the root of your website, change this
           * line to your vBulletin directory and uncomment it (delete the //).
           * For example, if vBulletin is installed in '/forum' the line should
           * state:
           * define('VB_RELATIVE_PATH', 'forum');
           * Note: You may need to change the cookie path of your vBulletin
           * installation to enable your users to log in at the root of your website.
           * If you move this file to the root of your website then you should ensure
           * the cookie path is set to '/'.
           * See 'Admin Control Panel
           * ->Cookies and HTTP Header Options
           *   ->Path to Save Cookies
           */
          //define('VB_RELATIVE_PATH', 'forums');

// Do not edit.
          if (defined('VB_RELATIVE_PATH'))
          {
           chdir('./' . VB_RELATIVE_PATH);
          }

/**
           * You can choose the default script here.  Uncomment the appropriate line
           * to set the default script.  Note: Only uncomment one of these, you must
           * add // to comment out the script(s) that you DO NOT want to use as your
           * default script.
           * You can choose the default script even if you do not plan to move this
           * file to the root of your website.
           */
          /**
           * Use the CMS as the default script:
           */
          //require('content.php');

/**
           * Use the forum as the default script:
           */
          require('forum.php');

/*======================================================================*\
          || ####################################################################
          || # Downloaded: 11:09, Sat May 12th 2012
          || # CVS: $RCSfile$ - $Revision: 41267 $
          || ####################################################################
          \*======================================================================*/
          Originally posted by Paul M
          You havent listed what folders its finding those files in, maybe you have [old] copies in folders that shouldnt have them.
          Good call, but alas it isn't that -- -"./" for the two first files.

Originally posted by Amaury25
          The message you'd want to be more concerned about would be "File does not contain expected contents".
          Indeed, I've posted the source file here, I don't see anything strange.

Is this a case of false positive errors? Against what source does the diag tool check?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The index.php and forum.php issue is a long standing issue with the forum only license. The rest are out of date files that can be deleted from your server.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment