Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luichi
    • Oct 2007

[Forum] Before ok but today Erro 403 with friendly url

Hi, this morning I find an isue that was not here yesterday. The foums, pm, profiles, admind panel etc works good but when I try to acces to any post I get 403 error. It only happens from this morning, yesterday and befor all worked fine.
    To fix it I just change the basic friendly url to advanced friendly url. but all my custom links, Google links to my forum, back links, etc does not work becouse the old url does not work and gives 403 error. So I want to use "Basic friendly urls" not "Advanced".

This problem is happening in all my Vb4 forums. I think it can be a problem from the managed dedicated server (1and1), may be they changed somecing on the server configuration.

What can I do? Do I have to change something in htacces. ? Any Idea or solution?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

My version is: 4.1.12 Patch Level 1
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You will need to examine the server's error logs for details of the specific error then speak to your host to resolve any issues with specific link types.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• fatdogmandoza
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.8.x

I have had exactly the same issue with vbulletin 4.1.7 hosted on a 1and1 dedicated server.

After phoning 1and1 up and discussing the issue they assured me nothing has changed with their server software or settings. After reading this I am perplexed how some one else could be having the same issue with 1and1 being the key factor.

I have changed the .htaccess file to include the security permissions as found on this forum, however that failed to work.

Does anyone know why "forumdisplay.php?4" would work and "forumdisplay.php?4-Classifieds" comes up with 403 error?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Do you have mod_security installed on your server?

From past personal experience, 1&1's "there have been no changes" comments can be taken with a pinch of salt...
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Neither Basic Friendly URLs or Advanced Friendly URLs use an .htaccess file. If you're on a Windows server, Basic Friendly URLs may not work. You would have to use the Advanced Friendly URLs or "mod_rewrite" URLS.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Quick ?

Have you entered any values into Forum Component URL or the CMS/Blog Component URLs? You can find that via: Admincp > Settings > Site Name / URL / Contact Details

If you have values entered there yet everything is run from one directory then that could be the culprit, let us know if you have anything entered and/or if you have your CMS running from another directory etc.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• mcrider
              • Feb 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by fatdogmandoza
              Does anyone know why "forumdisplay.php?4" would work and "forumdisplay.php?4-Classifieds" comes up with 403 error?
              Other forum platforms are having the same issue with 1&1 and it seems they have hyphens in the url in common.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mcrider
                Other forum platforms are having the same issue with 1&1 and it seems they have hyphens in the url in common.
                Do you have any examples you can share? Thanks!

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Craig Reade
                  • May 2005

I just posted another thread on this - I apologize for the duplication. (Maybe a MOD can merge these?)

I am experiencing the exact same issue. It took a while, but I finally got through to the dedicated server support line.

From what they told me, at some point last night, they upgraded the MySQL (or something, he was kind of nonspecific). There was supposed to be an email notification detailing the changes that need to be made, but it was never sent. There is a massive ticket being worked on right now, and I was advised to wait for an email.

1&1 broke something, and it is affecting all dedicated server customers.

Comment

• luichi
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
                    Quick ?

Have you entered any values into Forum Component URL or the CMS/Blog Component URLs?
                    No, no values there

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Craig Reade
                      I just posted another thread on this - I apologize for the duplication. (Maybe a MOD can merge these?)

I am experiencing the exact same issue. It took a while, but I finally got through to the dedicated server support line.

From what they told me, at some point last night, they upgraded the MySQL (or something, he was kind of nonspecific). There was supposed to be an email notification detailing the changes that need to be made, but it was never sent. There is a massive ticket being worked on right now, and I was advised to wait for an email.

1&1 broke something, and it is affecting all dedicated server customers.
                      Originally posted by luichi
                      No, no values there
                      I linked Craig to this thread and thanks for posting that Craig, at the moment I'm assuming this issue is related entirely to changes made by 1&1 therefor I would submit a ticket to 1&1 Luichi and describe the issue, you are more than free to link them to this thread and tell them that other customers of theirs have support tickets in currently regarding the same issue and that you would like a follow up promptly as it is affecting your forum.

Comment

• Craig Reade
                        • May 2005

Maybe this is related, but the 1&1 Admin panels just went down. They direct you here for updates:

Important note: Database maintenance

Tonight, 9 May 2012 from 5.30 to 6.30 pm EST, we will perform maintenance on our databases systems.

- During this time, it will be temporarily impossible to log in to our protected customer zones (e.g. 1&1 Control Panel).
                        - 1&1 eShop customers: During this time, payment transactions cannot be executed in your shop. We have already informed you of this by e-mail and in the "Message Board" in your 1&1 Control Panel.

Not affected by this measure:

- The availability of your website or your server

Of course, we will finish the maintenance as quickly as possible in order to minimize the downtime.

After the maintenance, all systems will be available to you as usual.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
                        Fingers crossed.

Comment

• soloarquitectura
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
                          Do you have any examples you can share? Thanks!
                          Hello, I have a Error 403 - Forbidden when I click on a topic or a forum Please help me

Comment

• soloarquitectura
                            • Jun 2006

Another sample:

(http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ is hosted on a 1&1 server)
                            Last edited by soloarquitectura; Thu 10 May '12, 12:45am.

Comment

• luichi
                              • Oct 2007

The guys of 1and1 sent me an answer email saying that they din't any changes on the server, they say it is a problem of Vbulletin (Dont worry, I know it is a problem of 1and1), I linked this thread to them, but they ignored it.

30 minuts later they sent me an info email telling me that in the last past days they update the operatin system (Linux based on Debian Squeeze/6.0) and some server programs to the following versions:

Apache 2.2
                              Python 2.6
                              Perl 5.10.1

So they didn't help me. May be I have to change something in the htacces. To make compatible the basic friendly url again. Do any one an tell me what lines to add into htacces. to repair it?

Thanks

Comment