Forum keeps creating comment threads when not necessary?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Aug 2003

[CMS] Forum keeps creating comment threads when not necessary?

I'm running 4.1.12 and even if I specify keep original comment thread in the same forum vbulletin will create a comment thread saying, "You can view the page here, http://www.example.com"

Why is it doing this? Recently, it did this three times even when I set it to keep original thread and not move it to the comments forum. It is doing this in the forum wherever it originates. It is hit or miss, sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not.

Recently, it did it 3 times for the same article.

Annoying bug or do I have a setting of some sort wrong?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It creates a comment thread in the Comments Forum specified in AdminCP > Settings > Options > content management > comment forum. That setting "Keep Original Comment Thread" is only used when promoting a post to an article.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by Lynne
      It creates a comment thread in the Comments Forum specified in AdminCP > Settings > Options > content management > comment forum. That setting "Keep Original Comment Thread" is only used when promoting a post to an article.
      The error is that it is not just creating it in that comment forum even if I specify keep original comment thread and do not move and yes, only when promoting post to article.

I have also narrowed it down to it only happening when it is a promoted article set to be published at a future date. Any ideas?

Comment

• krustyx
        • Jul 2007

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...