Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostincable
    • Mar 2009

[Forum] Banner

Hi all, I have a banner image which is 1193 x 189.

The banner looks fine on a 15" monitor but when viewing on anything above it does not auto resize to fit.

I have searched for answers but not really come up with anything solid.

So questions as follows -

1) What do I need to edit so the banner image resizes to different monitor resolutions?

2) If you have a blue coloured section below your banner above the forum buttons how do you make the image the full width of the header?

Thanks!
  • lostincable
    • Mar 2009

Anyone??

Comment

• uk chi3f
      • Dec 2011
      • 4.2.X

Same question, been bugging me for ages
      If i haven't already told you, I've caused the problem on [URL="http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/content.php"]Xbox players official site[/URL="http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/content.php"]

Comment

• lostincable
        • Mar 2009

Just thought I would bump this up as I still do not have a fluid banner at the top of my vbulletin.

Eseentially when you view the site on a 17" monitor the banner at the top of the screen goes the full width of the banner bar.

When you look at it with a 22" monitor the image for the banner only goes about 80% of the width.

How do you make your banner take 100% of the size all the time regardless of monitor size?

Comment

• darkwise
          • Mar 2012
          • 4.1.x

I never figured it out either, so made my document width 1000px and set my banner to 1000px as well. Anything outside of 1000 are my right and left margins, which is not what you want.
          https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j...%2520Photo.jpg

52 Weeks of Free Figures for You, Click Here for Details!

Comment

• In Omnibus
            • Apr 2010

You would need a liquid theme with no margins and a banner at least as wide in pixels as the largest monitor you would ever use. For all intents and purposes the banner would need to be a minimum of 1920 pixels wide.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

You would also possibly need CSS specifically on that image to resize it as a %age width
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment