X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0lly
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] Transferring license to someone

I have a vBulletin Suite License, but me and a friend are going to work on a forum together, and as he already has a license I no longer need mine, and have had someone offer to buy it from me.

But, I'm just a bit wary of the process as I've never sold any license of any sort before. If the person sends me the money, can he then do a chargeback once it's been transferred so he gets his money back and keeps the license? Or if he does do that is there a way to get my license back by contacting support? Or am I screwed? Thanks

BTW, I'm in no way saying this person is a scammer, I have no reason to think he is, I just want to be careful just in case
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Put in a ticket to support and we will give you the procedure to transfer the license. How you handle the money issue is up to you. But, once it is transferred, then it is transferred and you may not ask us to take it back for you if he pulls a fast one on you. So, I suggest you make sure you have the money before you ask us to transfer it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by 0lly
      If the person sends me the money, can he then do a chargeback once it's been transferred so he gets his money back and keeps the license?
      Yes,he can.
      You are left with no money and no licence.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...