X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by rajubd
    I don't like jira method. First you have to submit then start begging for vote. Vb much better product before implementation of jira..
    Then we don't have a solution for you. I doubt having the date off by a day or so is what is effecting your search engine ratings but if you feel it is important, then a JIRA issue is needed to even have it looked at by QA or Development. It is the way things are now and the only system that will be followed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• alfanexus
      • Dec 2008
      • 5.5.x

If vbulletin require bugs to be reported in jira then that is how it is, no reason to argue about that!

Whats important here is that if this is a bug in vbulletin, then we should find a quich fix ASAP. Google weight newer content higher than old, and that could mean that everyone that has upgraded to 4.1.2 would lose valuable trafic.

But the question is if this really is a vbulletin bug? If its google that is having the problem, then there is nothing we can do about it. I know that its sounds incriminating that people who has upgraded to 4.1.2 is having the problem, but others might have this aswell.... I have been looking at the HTML code that is outputted by vbulletin, and I can not find any edvidense that vbulletin is reporting a false date anywhere.

I will keep investigating this, but I am not a coder so, I might not be able to find anything. Please anyone else experincing this problem share your information so we together can find the source of the problem.

Comment

• rajubd
        • Apr 2009
        • 4.1.x

Digitalpoint don't have this bug. I don't know they upgraded to latest version or not.. Changed my site map generator to vbseo still have this bug...
        MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• alfanexus
          • Dec 2008
          • 5.5.x

I have now been looking at hundrets of threads indexed in google. And it seems that when the date is wrong it is set 1th april 2012 by google. I have also looked at a few different sites including vbulletin.com, and its only sites that has upgraded to 4.1.12 that has this problem. Very strange since I can not find any bugs in the HTML that is outputted by vbulletin (but my coding skills are very limited so I could be missing something).

At this point I do suspect that the problem lies with google. And the reason for this is that wrong indexed date is 1. april 2012 and the affected vbulletin versions are 4.1.12 which could be interpreted by google as a date instead of a version number.

I dont know? But I am giving up to find the reason at this point.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by alfanexus
            I have now been looking at hundrets of threads indexed in google. And it seems that when the date is wrong it is set 1th april 2012 by google. I have also looked at a few different sites including vbulletin.com, and its only sites that has upgraded to 4.1.12 that has this problem. Very strange since I can not find any bugs in the HTML that is outputted by vbulletin (but my coding skills are very limited so I could be missing something).

At this point I do suspect that the problem lies with google. And the reason for this is that wrong indexed date is 1. april 2012 and the affected vbulletin versions are 4.1.12 which could be interpreted by google as a date instead of a version number.

I dont know? But I am giving up to find the reason at this point.
            We don't use the sitemap on this site. Not sure why.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...