X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcilloniz
    • Apr 2010
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    We need to be able to recreate the problem. So someone with the problem needs to be able to enable Facebook Connect and suffer slow page loads for at least a day or two so we can see what is happening. I've never been able to recreate this on any server I have access to.
    OK Wayne; I going to enable my facebook connect until tomorrow (agroforum.pe). Remember that you will have to use the facebook connect button to feel the speed problem.

Thank you very much for your support!... I hope you can find whats going on with our Facebook Connect option.

Regards,

Bruno

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Remember that local facebook servers always serve the content. Users with better local servers won't get such a big slowdown.

Comment

• bcilloniz
        • Apr 2010
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
        Remember that local facebook servers always serve the content. Users with better local servers won't get such a big slowdown.
        Hello Zachery:

Can you tell me if this problem occures because of my server, because Im paying US$175 at Hostgator for a Dedicated Server. I've been fighting with them for a long time, because this problem began when we forgot to update the new credit card number (we cancel the old one); but they insist they are not the problem.

If you confirm me that; I will just move to another host.

Please help me to figure out whats the real problem with our Facebook Connect option.

Regards,

Bruno

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

This has nothing to do with your dedicated server specifically.

I don't know where you're located in the world, but is facebook slow for you when your browse it? Each time you view a site with facebook connect enabled, it requires that you get a bunch of data from facebook.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by bcilloniz
            OK Wayne; I going to enable my facebook connect until tomorrow (agroforum.pe). Remember that you will have to use the facebook connect button to feel the speed problem.

Thank you very much for your support!... I hope you can find whats going on with our Facebook Connect option.

Regards,

Bruno
            I visited your site...

It took between 529 milliseconds and 36 seconds to load forum.php without being logged in via Facebook Connect. When I was connected to Facebook Connect it took between 15 and 30 seconds to load the same forum.php page. The Facebook JavaScript took an average of 300 milliseconds to load. There is no indication of what is causing the slowdown in forum.php except your custom scripts.

Your ad_banner.php sometimes took upwards of 60 seconds to load an ad and it took up a similar time to load the Chatbox information.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bcilloniz
              • Apr 2010
              • 4.2.X

That's correct Wayne, but what would be your recomendation for this problem?

Try my site with the facebook connect disbled, and feel the difference.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I am trying to figure out what the problem is still or why it only occurs on some servers and not others.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bcilloniz
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 4.2.X

Ok Wayne and Zachery:

I will wait for any suggestion, and I hope you con fix or report this issue, because it happened from one day to the next. Before that, evverything was workinf fine with my facebook connect.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,

Bruno

Comment

• bcilloniz
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 4.2.X

Hello again Zachey and Wayne;

Could you find what could be happening with my facebook connect option. I have this option disabled 2 months ago -or more- and I cant find a solution anywhere.

I really would like to have this option enabled, because it is usefull for a los of things, starting by new registrations with facebook account; so I would like you to help me figure aot how can I fix this issue with my Facebook Connect.

Answering Zachery, I don have the same problem, when I search for info in Facebook itself; it just happends when I want to connect my forum to facebook.

I hope you can help me out with this.

Regards,

Bruno

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if this is happening for the same problem, but also my CMS is very slow to post the latest news that I upload every week. Before this problem, I could post news very fast, but now I have to wait like 10 second or more to see the news posted on my CMS.

Thank you for your support and good bye.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

When you have Facebook Connect enabled and someone visits your site the system does three things...

1) Checks to see if you're signed into vBulletin.

2) Checks to see if you're signed into Facebook

3) Checks to see if your Facebook account is associated with your vBulletin account.

For some reason, your server has a problem contact Facebook in a timely manner. Could be a routing issue between the server and Facebook. Could be how your network is configured. It isn't something we can recreate and only seems to affect a small number of servers overall.

-------
                      For the CMS issue, try clearing your Cache. If the scheduled tasks don't run, the Cache can get large and cause problems like this. Maintenance -> Clear System Cache.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bcilloniz
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 4.2.X

Ok Wayne, thanks.

Dou you recommend me to move from Hostgator, because they also tell me they are not the problem; and this is what gets me mad.... theres no solution for this bug, error or whatever it calls, and I dont know what can I really do to fix this.

For me its important to hace enabled my Facebook Connect, but cant because of this.

Thanks for your support.

Bruno

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Another person with this problem figured out is was an issue with the server's firewall and certain ports were closed off that Facebook tries to use. You should see if the issue occurs with the server's firewall open, momentarily.

See this thread: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...light=firewall

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bcilloniz
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 4.2.X

Ok Wayne, thanks for that info. I will contact them to see if they can fix this with the information you have just provided.

I will tell you what they tell to me.

Regards,

Bruno

Comment

• bcilloniz
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                              This has nothing to do with your dedicated server specifically.

I don't know where you're located in the world, but is facebook slow for you when your browse it? Each time you view a site with facebook connect enabled, it requires that you get a bunch of data from facebook.
                              Hello again Zachery; if this has nothing to do with my dedicated server, then this problem is from Vbulletin. Can you help me please to find a solution, or tell me who can I ask for help.

I have months like this, and I didnt do anything to have this problem; and it just started one day and no one is able to give me a usefull answer, and for me is very helpfull the Facebook Connect Option.

Please help to find whasts going on please.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Bruno

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Another person with this problem figured out is was an issue with the server's firewall and certain ports were closed off that Facebook tries to use. You should see if the issue occurs with the server's firewall open, momentarily.

See this thread: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...light=firewall
                              Hello wayne, I send the link to the Hostgator team, and they couldnt solve the problem. Any suggestion please?

Regards,

Bruno

Comment

• olijo
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 4.2.x

The problem appeared since vB 4.1.12, we don't experiment the problem before.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...