X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nharkey
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] The curious case of glowhost link that won't go away

The footer area of my forum has two links called Web Hosting that take you to ads for Glowhost. I have been trying to remove one or both of them with no luck. I found the template for that area and found the link statements, but after I delete the links and save the template, they are still there and still working. Any ideas?
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nharkey
    The footer area of my forum has two links called Web Hosting that take you to ads for Glowhost. I have been trying to remove one or both of them with no luck. I found the template for that area and found the link statements, but after I delete the links and save the template, they are still there and still working. Any ideas?
    Do you have more than 1 style?
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• John Lester
      • Jul 2000
      • 4.1.x

Those might be put there by the Spam-O-Matic mod, not sure if there's another mod that has those links, but spamo does
      BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
      sigpic

Comment

• nharkey
        • Jun 2011
        • 4.1.x

I have the basic vBulletin style as my 2nd choice, but a skin called lagangbaru as my first choice. Are you thinking that I need to remove it in both styles? I'll give it a try.

Comment

• K!nG
          • Nov 2010
          • 4.2.X

You get those because you have GLOW HOST SPAM-O- MATIC installed on your forum.... go to settings and disable the affiliate system from setting.. attaching a screenshot for you. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	glowhost.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	3687048

Comment

• steven s
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nharkey
            I have the basic vBulletin style as my 2nd choice, but a skin called lagangbaru as my first choice. Are you thinking that I need to remove it in both styles? I'll give it a try.
            If it's part of a mod, then that's different. I'm not familiar with the mod. You may be violating an agreement,
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• K!nG
              • Nov 2010
              • 4.2.X

Yes its a part of "glow host spam-o-matic" mod and u don't really violate any agreement i think ... they give you option to put in their link and u set up an account on their site and if any one sign up with them by click the link from your site ... u get some type of incentive out of that. u can disable that if u want to or u can go to the mod and read the terms & conditions again to make sure everything is goes good

Comment

• nharkey
                • Jun 2011
                • 4.1.x

K!NG was exactly right. Problem solved!

Comment