• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidF
    • Jul 2014
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Forum blocks user images not displayed

VB version: 4.2.1
    I have this problem (photo uploaded) Purple on safari browser. Yellow on chrome
    I read other threads with this problem but i still have it basically it not show the thumbs of avatars.
    But it show only default thumbs avatars when the user have no set one.
    If i press right click -> open url image it show this address http://mysite/image.php?u=1&dateline...291&type=thumb
    (on safari web page name of the page is: image.php 1x1 pixel)
    I already read about the clear.gif and i check is inside my forum, i tried to rebuilt avatar preview and nothing
    Skin problem? No for sure it not work on default vb style
    Products problem? No i try to disable all and nothing happen
    rebuilding your Custom Avatar Thumbnails in Admincp > Maintenance > Update Counters = not work
    777 to folders and file customavatars customprofilepic custom group icons and then rebuilt = not work
    Possible solution:
    Drastic:

Remove them from the block without doing strange things is perfect anyway.
    Others:
    ???
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Can we get a link to view the problem? What happens when you try to rebuild the custom avatar thumbnails? You said "not work" but that doesn't really tell us anything - do you get an error or what?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DavidF
      • Jul 2014
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lynne
      Can we get a link to view the problem? What happens when you try to rebuild the custom avatar thumbnails? You said "not work" but that doesn't really tell us anything - do you get an error or what?
      Dunno why i have to post my site link when i make 2 screenshoot but if it solve the problem here is the link:
      Site link:
      animedream.net

For the not work part:
      Not work= nothing happen, still bug.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I am not seeing the problem forum block on your site.

So, when you run rebuild custom avatars, it does nothing? So it is broken? Or, do you see a list of the avatars it is rebuilding on the screen at all? And does it say the thumbnail was successfully built next to it or does it say there was a problem rebuilding it?

Are avatars stored in the database or the filesystem?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• DavidF
          • Jul 2014
          • 4.2.X

I am not seeing the problem forum block on your site.

So, when you run rebuild custom avatars, it does nothing? So it is broken? Or, do you see a list of the avatars it is rebuilding on the screen at all? And does it say the thumbnail was successfully built next to it or does it say there was a problem rebuilding it?

Are avatars stored in the database or the filesystem?
          I make a new screenshoot the avatar i have is uploaded by site standard form on user cp like other users. I dunno if the block use avatar picture or profile picture anyway i have the same image for all 2.
          Are avatars stored in the database or the filesystem? I dunno.
          So, when you run rebuild custom avatars, it does nothing? Yeah nothing change
          So it is broken? Totally transparent like there is no avatar only if i set a custom image. (see screenshot)
          If i have no set custom image in my user cp it display the standard one and not the transparent space
          No problem during rebuilt it do normally.
          Hope it helps

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

When you run the Rebuild Custom Avatars, I want to know if that function is broken, not whether your issue is fixed. It should run and list all the avatars one-by-one on the screen - is it doing that? And, it should say whether the avatar thumbnail was successfully created or whether is was not - what is it saying on the screen?

Comment

• DavidF
              • Jul 2014
              • 4.2.X

When you run the Rebuild Custom Avatars, I want to know if that function is broken, not whether your issue is fixed. It should run and list all the avatars one-by-one on the screen - is it doing that? And, it should say whether the avatar thumbnail was successfully created or whether is was not - what is it saying on the screen?
              No Lynne it show a list i make a screenshoot dunno if you can see it but it display
              Process in progress : 1 (png)
              Process in progress : 11 (png)
              Process in progress : 13 (jpg)
              Process in progress : 134 (png)
              etc etc
              And then the success bulletin message: Avatar preview rebuilt success

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Is this a custom forum block because I still don't see it on your site at all and forum blocks don't have options to only show to certain usergroups.

Comment

• DavidF
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 4.2.X

Is this a custom forum block because I still don't see it on your site at all and forum blocks don't have options to only show to certain usergroups.
                  Is the activity stream block set as:
                  maximum element 6
                  last 24 hour
                  new elements
                  activity forum
                  And yes you are right it show only to registered members now i set off the add-on that cause this is CT restricted activity stream. Now you can see it

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

What version of PHP is on the server?

Comment

• DavidF
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 4.2.X

What version of PHP is on the server?

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Hmmm, I'm starting to run out of ideas of what the issue could be.

What is set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Settings > Image Processing Library? Can you try changing that setting to GD (if it is set to ImageMagick) or to None (if it is set to GD) and then Rebuild Custom Avatars and then Clear System Cache and see if that fixes it.

What happened just prior to this problem occurring? Did anyone touch the /includes/config.php file? Can you open it and verify it was not saved "with BOM".

Comment

• DavidF
                          • Jul 2014
                          • 4.2.X

Hmmm, I'm starting to run out of ideas of what the issue could be.

What is set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Settings > Image Processing Library? Can you try changing that setting to GD (if it is set to ImageMagick) or to None (if it is set to GD) and then Rebuild Custom Avatars and then Clear System Cache and see if that fixes it.

What happened just prior to this problem occurring? Did anyone touch the /includes/config.php file? Can you open it and verify it was not saved "with BOM".
                          Nothing special i simple decide to insert this block and then i see it not show the thumbs. Is there any template i can edit to remove thumbs from block?
                          I try to disable gd and try what you say but nothing.
                          I check here and it say i have no BOM http://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker...lidate-by-uri+
                          How can i fix this Lynne?
                          Thanks for you help

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

You can always edit the template for the block. The template for an Activity Stream is block_activitystream.

However, that doesn't fix the issue of why thumbnail images of your avatars aren't getting created. When you run Maintenance > General Update Tools, there are two that pertain to Avatars. Are you running both of them? And can you check admincp > Avatars > User Picture Storage Type and see if your avatars are stored in the database or filesystem.

Comment

• DavidF
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 4.2.X

You can always edit the template for the block. The template for an Activity Stream is block_activitystream.

However, that doesn't fix the issue of why thumbnail images of your avatars aren't getting created. When you run Maintenance > General Update Tools, there are two that pertain to Avatars. Are you running both of them? And can you check admincp > Avatars > User Picture Storage Type and see if your avatars are stored in the database or filesystem.
                              Yes i run all the two upgrade every time custom avatars and avatars and clear cache, for the storage type it say:
                              pictures are stored correctly on the database
                              avatar file ---> ./customavatars
                              url avatar --> customavatars
                              profile image --> ./customprofilepics
                              url profile image --> customprofilepics
                              signature image --> ./signaturepics
                              url signature --> signaturepics

Comment