• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skero74
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Redirect bug file2store.info

Hello,
    I’ve problems about my forum (http://www.linneaforum.it/). There is a redirect bug to http://file2store.info/download.php?id=98B2D9E5 since 2 months. I have upgraded everything: vbseo 3.6.0, vbulletin 4.1.11, exploit, datastore… but problem is still present. What should I do? Can you help me? Thanks

Roberto
  • BrightStar
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

For some reason whenever I search in google, there are a number of times when forums are redirected to the above url which you have posted file2store.

I click again from google and it takes to the forum.....very strange.

Comment

• skero74
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by BrightStar
      For some reason whenever I search in google, there are a number of times when forums are redirected to the above url which you have posted file2store.

I click again from google and it takes to the forum.....very strange.
      Exact.

Comment

• skero74
        • Nov 2010
        • 4.0.x

Have you solutions? It's a serious problem for me. Thanks

Comment

• donald1234
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

Have a read here. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ile2store.info

Comment

• skero74
            • Nov 2010
            • 4.0.x

Thank donald. It's a serious problem that affects many vBulletin users and I think it's also harmful to vBulletin reputation.

Comment

• donald1234
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

Vbseo is taking a lot of flack for some of these exploits which won't be doing their reputation any good either. do you have vbseo?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

I had no probelm getting to your website from a google search. The issue is not with vBulletin itself, I cannot think of any cases where someone with this specific exploit didn't have third party addons.

Comment

• skero74
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 4.0.x

Searching in google, there are a number of times when forum is redirected and a number of times it isn't redirected. Issue is not always present! I have vbseo, upgraded to last version. I've contacted vbseo support: they told me that it's not vbseo problem. If it's not a problem of vBSEO and it's not a problem of vbulletin. Who should I contact?
                  I've opened ticket through my vbulletin license...
                  Last edited by skero74; Mon 9 Apr '12, 2:19am.

Comment

• BellyBelly
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.6.x

I have this problem also and I run VBSEO. Some answers would be good.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

There have been several vbseo exploit that have let these issues into your site.

Any third party addons also introduce additional possiblity for exploits into your site. It is your job to secure and keep your site up to date. If you're facing this problem you should rebuild your pluging table (disable, and enable a plugin, not a product a plugin).
                      Delete any plugins that you do not know what specificly they are for.
                      You should also run suspect file versions and make sure the default vB files are clean.

Comment

• BellyBelly
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3.6.x

So if I don't use VBSEO I will be safer? I dont have loads of plugins these days, and I know what they all are. I have just finished disabling then reenabling all of my plugins.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

All software is prone to exploits from time to time, we're no exception. You should keep all of your software as up to date as possible and make sure to follow close attention to the vendor

Comment

• BellyBelly
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 3.6.x

Yes have learnt the hard way... but sucks to be stuck with it now. I have searched the web on various sites, this one, VBSEO, other forum sites talking about places they visit which have this virus, and no-one has any answers, from my search so far.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

You can submit a ticket and we can take a look at it. Is it still happening on your site?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...