• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hikarin
    • Apr 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Dumb Question (Upgrading)

My current vb version: 4.1.3

Okay, so I've just started working on my new vb forum (so much to do still!!) and I have a querie.

My question is, I've been meaning to upgrade my forum to a more recent version (I kinda put it up ages ago but then lost my internet, so....) and I have the pack downloaded to do so, and I've read the instructions.
    It's basically telling me to replace all the files with the new ones, but wouldn't doing that conflict with some of my files?
    E.g. the original forum.php file has been changed to "home.php" and has some slight differences to it and so forth. There are a few others files with similar points.
    What do I do in this case?

Sorry, I know it's probably a dumb question but it's my first time upgrading and doing one thing wrong could ruin it all. =x
  • PossumX
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.1.x

Dumb Question (Upgrading)

You will have to reimplement any file level customizations, along with any templates that do not merge properly.

Comment

• Hikarin
      • Apr 2012
      • 4.2.X

So basically back everything up and go for it.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The best thing to do is to do a trial upgrade on your test site and see if any issues come up.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...