Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • too_cool_3
    • Sep 2007
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Users see Soft Delete & Physically Removing reference when deleting own threads

I have my Usergroup permissions for Registered Users allowed to 'Delete Own Threads'.

If they go under the 'Administrative' drop down and select 'Delete Thread', they are brought to a screen that says (see Attachment #1):

Soft Delete will allow the content to be restored later, whereas Physically Removing the content will permanently remove it from the database. Please choose wisely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delthread1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	3723087

with no option to leave a Delete Message.

Whereas if they go into Edit Thread > Go Advanced then they are brought to the proper screen which does NOT have the soft delete and physically removing reference, and has the box to leave a Delete Message. (see Attachment #2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	delthread2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	3723088

I do not want my Registered Members to see the reference to the soft delete and physically removing. How do I either disable users deleting treads through the 'Administrative' drop down or when they do, it brings them to the same delete screen as if they went to 'Edit Post' ?

Warm Regards,
    Marc
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

I would regard the display of that text as a Bug as it should show something separate if not all the options are available. Please raise this here:

In the meantime, you can change the text by editing the 'delete_types_explained' phrase
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment