X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lpspider
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] loading/white page issues

Okay, when certain pages load some of the time, it simply goes to a white screen and the data doesn't save.

My members have been complaining that sometimes, randomly, when they make a post they will get a white screen and their post will not save.

I've experienced this not when posting, but when doing some actions in the admincp. For example, I was just trying to edit the sidebar to add an updated G+ code, but when I click "save," I get a white screen. I go back to the main menu and it turns out it did not save. I have no way to update certain things like this.

What could this be?

This issue is on-going. I've expeirenced it when trying to edit a post as well. Members are complaining about this. I am running 4.1.11. Expeirenced this problem with the previous version as well.

Edit:

I also experience this "vbulletin message" when trying to post a quick reply, forcing me to go advance, where I get the white screen:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters."

The message is 1000's of characters, so I'm not sure why it would do this.

I'm followingthe instructions here:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages - still no luck.

I've reuploaded the files in the proper format. When I run suspected file version, some clientscript/ajax files, as well as blog files in the root, say "File does not contain expected contents."

I've tried reuploading these files, overwriting, in ACSII, but when I test the vbulletin version I get the same message as above.

Additionally, I've tried posting with a new vbulletin default theme and the issue is still there.

When I've added "define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);" to the config to disable plugins, I got this error at the top:

Code:
     Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/config.php:1) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
    I had to create a new config to get rid of it, even removing the added code left the error. Issue remained throughout. I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by Lpspider; Sun 25 Mar '12, 8:48pm.
    Check out my creative writing forum.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you're getting a blank page, there will be an error written to your server's error logs - what is there for the time of one of the blank pages?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lpspider
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.6.x

Hi, thanks for the response.

I checked the error log for this account immediately after the white page and there was no log. I tried several additional times, at 18:16:52,18:16:56, but no error. The closest error in the log is the following:

Code:
      [Thu Mar 29 18:16:43 2012] [error] [client 123.125.71.103] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/act/public_html/vaispy.php(340) : eval()'d code on line 1
      [Thu Mar 29 18:16:43 2012] [error] [client 123.125.71.103] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/act/public_html/vaispy.php(337) : eval()'d code on line 1
      [Thu Mar 29 18:16:43 2012] [error] [client 123.125.71.103] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/act/public_html/vaispy.php(334) : eval()'d code on line 1
      [Thu Mar 29 17:06:39 2012] [error] [client 199.21.99.71] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/act/public_html/statsmod/statistics_general_stats.php(115) : eval()'d code on line 1
      [Thu Mar 29 13:09:33 2012] [error] [client 207.46.204.175] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/act/public_html/vaispy.php(340) : eval()'d code on line 1
      I don't think this is it, however, since the times don't corelate. I did delete the file (and disable the plugin it's associated with) to no avial.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Disable iSpy, do you still get this problem?
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lpspider
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          Disable iSpy, do you still get this problem?
          Yes, I still have the problem. I've disabled the plugin and deleted the associated files and the problem persists.

Comment

• selfsufficientme
            • Jul 2012

Hi, I just had this similar problem (getting a white screen) when pressing the "go Advanced" button to make a post.

Before this problem occurred, I installed Glow-host spam-o-matic which uses Akismet to detect spam. After an hour of stuffing around, I entered the CP went to Glow-host and disabled Akismet (it's enabled by default) and found the white screen issue resolved.

I'm not sure if this is at all related to your issue (Lpspider) - this thread is several months old, and I don't understand why/what disbabling Akismet does, but it may help someone else problem solve with other white screen issues.

Edit - I un/re-installed spam-o-matic and my white screen issue was resolved so the problem was likely my end or server not the hack.
            Last edited by selfsufficientme; Mon 23 Jul '12, 2:37pm. Reason: not the hack as I suggested

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...