X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • espkaruna
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] An odd issue when reloading pages

This problem seemed to just recently pop up apropos of nothing and I could not find any data on these forums that related to this so I am a bit puzzled.

As far as I have been able to determine, this only happens in the Firefox browser.

While using the forum navigation to view threads or else switch pages everything loads just fine. However, if I go to reload ANY page, the page continues to load forever and ever and ever. The page data still seems to load but the little 'this page is still loading' graphic in the browser never goes away. Clicking one of the navigation links on the forum causes the next page to load properly. Attempting to reload the new page causes the 'page loading' animation to continue on forever again until you navigate somewhere else.

I have not been able to test this out in IE but I did notice that this issue does not seem to appear in Google Chrome. I have tried disabling the plugin/hook system but this does not seem to have any effect on the issue. This problem does not occur on other pages that I browse in Firefox so it is something that is localized to our forums.

Obviously, this is not a huge deal, but I would still like to make it go away, so any tips/guidance as to what might be the root cause would be greatly appreciated.
  • espkaruna
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.1.x

Bumping this after a full week with no replies.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

What version of vBulletin and what version of Firefox?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• espkaruna
        • Oct 2010
        • 4.1.x

Vbulletin 4.1.11 and Firefox 11.0

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

What happens when you try another computer running Firefox?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...