X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Art Andrews
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.0.x

vbulletin Database Error - GROUP BY pmtextid

On occasion, I get an email from our server noting a vBulletin Database Error. While the error varies slightly, it is more or less always tied to the line "GROUP BY pmtextid' at line 3"

I have verified that my private.php file is the correct file from the 4.2.2. package.
    I can't find anything like that line in private.php

When looking at the script line, it looks like the PM is being deleted.
    When looking at the referrer line, it looks like the PM is being displayed.

Is the system trying to display a deleted PM? I don't know. I just want to stop seeing this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a note, I have tried quite a few different things myself, but can't seem to replicate this issue.

Code:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2:  Invalid SQL:  		SELECT pmtextid, COUNT(pmtextid) AS total 		FROM pm AS pm 		WHERE pmid IN () 		GROUP BY pmtextid;  MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') 		GROUP BY pmtextid' at line 3 Error Number  : 1064 Request Date  : Friday, June 27th 2014 @ 05:43:51 AM Error Date    : Friday, June 27th 2014 @ 05:43:51 AM Script        : [URL]http://www.therpf.com/private.php?do=managepm&dowhat=delete&pmid=3613379[/URL] Referrer      : [URL]http://www.therpf.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=3613379[/URL] IP Address    : 173.219.121.87 Username      : fantome2024 Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version :
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

The error is here ;
    Code:
    WHERE pmid IN ()
    An empty IN list is obviously wrong.

Hard to say whats up, but looks like you have some odd data on your database causing this error when someone tries to delete a specific pm.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Art Andrews
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.0.x

It might be worth noting that this issue started shortly after we upgraded from vb3 to vb4. It only happens on rare occasion, but it does happen. Any suggestion on what we might be able to do to resolve it or clear this issue from the db?

Originally posted by Paul M
      The error is here ;
      Code:
      WHERE pmid IN ()
      An empty IN list is obviously wrong.

Hard to say whats up, but looks like you have some odd data on your database causing this error when someone tries to delete a specific pm.

Comment

• Omicron99
        • Jun 2005

I get this as well. I believe it happens when someone deletes a PM, clicks the back button, then either tries to reply or delete it a 2nd time.

Would be nice to find out how to prevent that so people get a VB notification instead of a database error page.

Comment