Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giorgioarmani
    • Dec 2006

[Forum] Redirect infection Google searches

I'm getting all Google traffic redirected to http://url2short.info/3b3e8d23.

I've deleted all files and installed a fresh copy of both VB and VBSEO... A few days later it's back!

My host says it's VB and VB has tried for 3 weeks to assist me... Time to try here

Anyone have any suggestions?

• bforum
    • Dec 2007
    • 4.0.x

i have the same thing ,no idea what to do

Comment

• giorgioarmani
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bforum
      i have the same thing ,no idea what to do
      Are you using VBSEO?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

1) Run Suspect File Diagnostics under Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Replace any files not containing the expected contents. Delete any files that are not part of vBulletin and that you can't identify as belonging to your addons.

2) Check the config.php for any suspicious code. It isn't checked by the suspect file diagnostic.

3) Search all templates for iframe tags. They should only appear in the following templates: bbcode_video, editor-ie.css, member.css, stylegenerator.css, vbcms.css, vbulletin.css, help_bbcodes, humanverify_recaptcha, search_common, and search_common_select_type

4) Check all your plugins for rogue include, require, include_once, or require_once code. All files should come from your server and be known to you.

5) Check your plugins for any base64 code. I recommend using against using any plugins or products that include base64 code in them. However some "lite" or branded addons will include this as a means to prevent you from cheating the author. You'll have to make a personal call on these if you use them. This is often a sign of a hacked site.

6) Make sure that your plugins do not include calls to exec(), system(), or pass_thru() or iframes. These are also often signs of a hacked site.

Query for step 4 and 5 -
        SELECT title, phpcode, hookname, product FROM plugin WHERE phpcode LIKE '%base64%' OR phpcode LIKE '%exec%' OR phpcode LIKE '%system%' OR phpcode like '%pass_thru%' OR phpcode like '%iframe%';

7) Run this query: SELECT styleid, title, template FROM template WHERE template LIKE '%base64%' OR template LIKE '%exec%' OR template LIKE '%system%' OR template like '%pass_thru%' OR template like '%iframe%';

It checks the templates for compromising code.

8) Check .htaccess to make sure there are no redirects there.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bforum
          • Dec 2007
          • 4.0.x

i am using vbseo indeed giorgioarmani
          thank you wayne luke wil do that

Comment

• SiFor
            • May 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by bforum
            i am using vbseo indeed giorgioarmani
            thank you wayne luke wil do that
            This will help you, I had the same issue: http://www.vbseo.com/f5/faqs-rogue-p...release-52862/
            CertForums.com Help, Advice and Resources to Pass Your Certification

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...