X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkpulsar
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Logged into Forum, But not in CMS

When I log in via the CMS (home page), I get redirected to the usual "Thanks for logging in page" and then redirected back to the CMS page. However, I'm not logged into the CMS. The blank textboxes at the top right are still there for me to type in a username and password.

Then I click the "Forum" link in the navbar, and I am logged into the forum.

I have a default vB 4.1.11 install without any plugins.

Is this is a cookie problem? Can someone help?
  • darkpulsar
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.1.x

I just tried logging in via Internet Explorer and this problem doesn't happen. In fact, when I exit Internet Explorer and then start it up again, I don't have to re-login (I checked "Remember Me" of course).

Is this a problem with Firefox, and only on my end? How can I check others with Firefox, Chrome, etc. wouldn't experience this so-called "cookie problem" I am having?

Comment

• snakes1100
      • Aug 2001

Did you clear all cookies & cache related to your site from FF, verify FF is not running, restart FF, then log back into your site?
      Gentoo Geek

Comment

• darkpulsar
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.1.x

I just cleared the cookie for my site, and I cleared the cache. But the same problem is still occurring. In fact, after I cleared the cache, this website and my website and other vBulletin-powered websites did not display correctly in Firefox. The background was white, tables weren't tables, everything was in Times New Roman -- you know, it just didn't look right and everything was all over the place. On the header, you could see "*Website Name Here* powered by vBulletin" etc.

Then I went to check Internet Explorer in case. In fact, I am still logged into my website and all vBulletin-powered websites look perfect and without any problems.

How can I fix this...? It seems to be a Firefox issue, but again, how do I know it's only for my Firefox client, and not for everyone?

Another graphical misplacement in Firefox just as an example: To the right of the search bar at the top of every page, there is a magnifying glass search button. It is to the right in Internet Explorer which is how it should be. But in Firefox, it's below-right the search text box, so like diagonally to the right which is of course wrong.
        Last edited by darkpulsar; Mon 19 Mar '12, 1:09pm.

Comment

• snakes1100
          • Aug 2001

What version of FF are you using?
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

• darkpulsar
            • Mar 2012
            • 4.1.x

Firefox Version 11.0

P.S. Thanks for all the help so far snakes1100, I really appreciate it!

Comment

• snakes1100
              • Aug 2001

I just registered on your site using FF 11, logged in, closed browser, reopened your site and was still logged in on the cms.

Id verify that you cleaned out all the cookies pertaining to your site, clear cache, verfiy and close all currently open FF processes and then try again.
              Gentoo Geek

Comment

• darkpulsar
                • Mar 2012
                • 4.1.x

Many, many thanks for the suggestions. I will try but at least you verified that it's not a problem for you.

Damn you Firefox, don't fail me now!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...