X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrightStar
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page

Have been having this issue lately but I thought it was my browser. Turns out it's a problem for almost all users.

In quick reply when I enter anything and click submit, it shows a dialogue box with

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Changes made in the editor will be lost.

Leave this page or stay on this page
    I have to choose Leave this page to be able to post the message.

Any help on this please?
  • BrightStar
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

I've tired disabling all hooks/plugins in AdminCP but the problem is still there.

Comment

• chrisngrod
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

I had this problem in previous versions as well. I thought I had done something to fix it.

Anyways I came here searching to see if people were still having this issue. I am as well with 4.1.11. I'm going to force people to hit the reply button before the quick reply shows.

"
      Message Posting and Editing Options
      Quick Reply
      If you enable Quick Reply, a box will appear on the showthread.php page allowing users to reply to the current thread without needing to load the full newreply.php page.

When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes nonsensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.

Note: Quick Reply will be automatically disabled if you require Human Verification when posting.
      "

Try using yes, click required. I just changed mine over. Seems to be working.
      www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

• chrisngrod
        • Aug 2011
        • 4.1.x

Nevermind... Problems again.

Comment

• BrightStar
          • Nov 2008
          • 4.1.x

Thanks for the info, I've tired it just now but problem is still there

Comment

• punchbowl
            • Nov 2006
            • 4.0.x

If you want to disable the pop-up completely, instructions are here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12548

Comment

• chrisngrod
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by punchbowl
              If you want to disable the pop-up completely, instructions are here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12548
              Thanks. I had done this before. Bookmarked the page this time around. I thought it was fixed and updated to 4.1.11.

Comment

• @ngel
                • Aug 2004
                • 3.8.x

Any solution for this?

Comment

• BrightStar
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4.1.x

Nope....it got fixed by itself. Sometimes the issue comes back and sometimes it goes away.

Comment

• ZeroHour
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by punchbowl
                    I have attached the compressed edited JS for 4.1.12 now too which can be dropped in. NOTE: cache will need to be cleared/expired when you drop this in.

Comment

• ukbelch
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 4.1.x

Are you guys with problems using the /forum/ subfolders that you can add?

Either way, this is filed as a bug and confirmed here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14250 feel free to support/vote for the issue so we can get it fixed.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...