Change the "body" background color. How?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mofu
    • Feb 2012

[Forum] Change the "body" background color. How?

Hi!

Im trying to change the body-background color, on my new site. Its NOT the actual background, but the color behind the threads, and such. I've made a little graphical illustration,..

Anyone here, knows how to change that white color?
  • Mofu
    • Feb 2012

No one :O

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

You want to change the body background? My first guess would be the, um, let's see.... how 'bout the stylevar that's called body_background ?
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• darkpulsar
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.1.x

How do you make body_background semi-transparent? That is, I have a relatively dark background image already in place, but the body_background itself is opaque white. I want it to be semi-transparent so that you can still make out the "white shade" but not totally transparent so that you can't see the body_background at all.

I already tried the following:

In body_background, Background Color is set to: rgb(255, 255, 255) transparent

This fails to make the "Home Page" (CMS) body background transparent at all.

This does affect the forums, but it makes the body background completely see-through. This means you can't read the black text on the body background.

Is there some kind of way you can specify the transparency %, or another option to write after the color combination like 'semi-transparent'?

Comment

• Mofu
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by cbiweb
          You want to change the body background? My first guess would be the, um, let's see.... how 'bout the stylevar that's called body_background ?
          You would think so :b Been there, done that. Dosn't do anything

Comment

• Mofu
            • Feb 2012

this is how it looks now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	body_bg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	3686899

And here's the site: www.titan.rtvig.com

Comment

• cbiweb
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.1.x

There must be another template or stylevar customization somewhere that's interfering, because body_background is what you're looking for. Have you tried it on the default style to see if it changes there?
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Mofu
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by cbiweb
                There must be another template or stylevar customization somewhere that's interfering, because body_background is what you're looking for. Have you tried it on the default style to see if it changes there?
                Yeah, see. Thats the thing. I've tried to change that value on the default skin, and the same happens. Or, dosnt happen.. :O
                EDIT: I can see, that with the default skin, the color changes at the forums page (forums.php), but only there..

Comment

• Mofu
                  • Feb 2012

Now, that i have testet a lot with the default theme, i can see that its something with that new theme. Everything works with the default.
                  So i guess i have to contact the theme seller

Comment

• darkpulsar
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4.1.x

Quick suggestion: under body_background, make the background color option blank. Then, in the background image option, type in url(http://websitenamehere.com/body_background.jpg)

Upload your background to your website first.

Now, for the actual body_background.jpg. Just go into Photoshop or some kind of editing program (GIMP is a free alternative), use the paint/fill bucket to make a layer of all white (or whatever color, even an image works). Now, find the option to set the opacity of that image. Change it to about 60 or 80 or so. Make sure that when you create this image, you set the option for background = transparent. That is, for example, in Photoshop, when you click file --> new image, there's an option for background. don't make it white, or black, or anything. make it TRANSPARENT. THEN add your fill of all white or whatever, and set the transparency of that new layer.

EDIT: Woops, This does work for me for my forum, but not for my CMS/Blogs pages. They still stay white.

Comment