How can I see any users soft deleted post ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulent Tekcan
    • Feb 2003
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] How can I see any users soft deleted post ?

Hello,

I cannot see any users soft deleted messages! I was use same way in vB3.8.x but I can find.In vB 4.1.11 not ,any idea for that problem ? Because I must be see users soft deleted post.

Regards,
  • Americangirl01
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Bulent Tekcan
    Hello,

I cannot see any users soft deleted messages! I was use same way in vB3.8.x but I can find.In vB 4.1.11 not ,any idea for that problem ? Because I must be see users soft deleted post.

Regards,
    If you have permission to see them, you should be able to go to your Settings menu. The last selection on the left side is
    Moderation >Deleted Items >Posts. (You should see your posts which have been soft deleted when you select Posts.)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Any deleted posts in a thread will have a trashcan status icon to the right of the IP, Reputation, Infraction, Report icons as well.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bulent Tekcan
        • Feb 2003
        • 4.2.x

Press username and go to the user profile, after that press "Find all thread by .... User"

How can I see here ? Before I can see vB3.8.x

I need this one! I know your way because I'm using vbulletin since many year. But I don't need deleted post in a thread.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

With default permissions only admins and super moderators can see soft deleted posts.

Anyway, the Find all Threads still works and will show deleted threads with a different thread bit in the results. Threads are different than posts though.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheFatControlleR
            • Jul 2009
            • 5.0.X

Can I jump in here.

I posted elsewhere but; how do I get to see soft deleted posts on a per user ('Find all posts' form a user's profile page) search result listing. I am admin but I do not see the soft deletes in these user post results, which is very frustrating when dealing with users with a history pone wishes to investigate.

Have I mistakenly set an option somewhere which hides these soft deletes?

Comment

• Bulent Tekcan
              • Feb 2003
              • 4.2.x

Of course we can see deleted message from the user profile.But which one is the deleted message we don't know

Comment

• TheFatControlleR
                • Jul 2009
                • 5.0.X

Well, alas, I can't, and not just on one forum, all the vB v4 forums I admin.

If a user has all their posts soft deleted none show up in the listing of posts from that user... That's the issue, for me at least, they do not show.
                Last edited by TheFatControlleR; Fri 16 Mar '12, 9:22am. Reason: SPaG

Comment

• Bulent Tekcan
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 4.2.x

I think this is a bug

Comment

• DFC99
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by TheFatControlleR
                    Well, alas, I can't, and not just on one forum, all the vB v4 forums I admin.

If a user has all their posts soft deleted none show up in the listing of posts from that user... That's the issue, for me at least, they do not show.
                    I'm having the exact same problem, and didn't have this problem in vB3. So is this a bug? Or is there something in the settings I can change?

Comment

• TheFatControlleR
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 5.0.X

I had hoped it was the latter but without any official response (addressing the actual and specific query, rather than something that doesn't relate) it's difficult to discount the former.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

When doing a search by username under Advanced Search, I see soft deleted posts in the listing. However their is nothing really differentiating them from being soft deleted. You have display the results by post though, not by thread. There is a big issue already to make it more visible in the search results if a post is soft deleted. Not sure what the issue number is off the top of my head though.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cjwinternet
                          • Oct 2005

It's still not been fixed in 4.2.

So far I've been able to highlight deleted posts in a thread and in a list for example 'todays posts'. Search for deleted background in the Style Variable editor and you'll see postbit_deleted_backround and threadbit_deleted_background. We use an off-red colour and it stands out nicely where it works.

Seriously I can't work out how to get deleted posts to be highlighted elsewhere, like user profile post and thread lists, and the activity thing. Seems that the code just says 'get all posts & ignore status'.

Comment

• Pocket Aces
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 4.2.x

Yep, no indication of deleted post when searching all posts by user. That's very useful when moderating deleted posts in certain threads.
                            It's a shame vbulletin 4 continues to disappoint us.
                            vBulletin 4.2.5 | PHP 7.0.31 | MariaDB 10.2.17

Comment

• Dave B
                              • Apr 2001

Is there a solution for the search result page yet?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...