• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glockie
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] CMS Widget not showing to users not logged in

Hi all,

I had a recent post widget on the front page of my forums which was visible to all, I've since upgraded to vbulletin v.4.1.11 and now the widget which should be in the bottom left corner of the page, is not visible to users NOT logged in.

I can view the page as a guest with no widget on bottom left, yet when I am logged in, I see it fine.

One thing I have noticed is that in the widget manager I had two Recent Forum Posts widgets, whereas now I have only one...

The permissions are fine for the necessary groups and I've even created a NEW widget with same problems. I've been at this for hours and hours, over three days.

Can someone please offer some advice or help?
    I would be very grateful and it would be appreciated.

You can view my site HERE

Thank you so very much in advance.

• bszopi
    • Nov 2009
    • 4.1.x

If non-registered/not logged in users don't have access to view any of the latest posts in the forum, then the widget isn't going to show up. When I went to your site, I only see 3 forums, most of which have to do with non-registered visitors. Make a post in one of those sections, and see if your widget shows up with that new post.

Comment

• Glockie
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.1.x

Oh yeah!

Right, ok, I've added a reply to one of our threads and it's working.

Now that IS weird, as half of our public section isn't showing publicly.
      I'm guessing that's a forums permission for the actual board?

Thanks for the reply and pointer bszopi.

Comment

• bszopi
        • Nov 2009
        • 4.1.x

No problem. So yeah, looks like if you are missing public forums from view, you have some other settings screwed up somewhere.

Comment

• Glockie
          • Feb 2012
          • 4.1.x

Yes you're right and I've found it. Thanks very much for your help.
          5 minutes of YOUR time has helped out with literally hours of my troubleshooting, so thanks very much indeed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...