Is it possible to to charge a one time fee + monthly recurring?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zahlm
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Is it possible to to charge a one time fee + monthly recurring?

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I've been searching for a couple hours and haven't been able to find the answers. Two quick questions...
    1. Is it possible to charge a one time fee plus the monthly recurring? I want to charge $97 up front and $17/month.
    2. If I want to give some people free lifetime access to my forum to say thanks for helping me out, do I just create a new user group with the same permissions as the subscribers and manually add them to that group? If so, is there any possibility that someone could join that group without paying?

Thanks!
  • tpearl5
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.2.X

1. Nope - I believe the new paypal API supports this, but vbulletin uses the old API
    2. You could just create a manual subscription and set the expire date to 100 years in the future - or yeah, you could manually add them to the same usergroup (or another usergroup with the same permissions to keep track of paid people) that the subscribers are in, as long as that is what buying the subscription gets you. There shouldn't be another way the use could join that group as long as you don't have some kind of promotion permission setup.

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

• Zahlm
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.1.x

Cool, thanks for the info tpearl5, saved me a lot of time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...