X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truth66
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] vBulletin Upgrade Frustrations

First off I want to appologize in advance if I come across too strongly in this post.

It seems that everytime I upgrade my site with the latest version of VB, I have to sort through a series of error messages and template adjustments. This latest upgrade to vB 4.1.11 has created some of the worse headaches yet.
    It seems that all of my plugins are either no longer compatibale with vBulletin, or any kind of integration that was in place is no longer functioning.
    For example, on my site I have Photopost Classifieds which was fully integrated so that a user didn't have to login a second time. So far Photopost Classifieds is causing the rest of the site to not work so this plugin is disabled.
    I also have Visichat Live Video Chat on my site which was fully integrated so that a user didn't have to log in a second time. So far the integration is no longer working.
    Because I live in a country that has two official languages I also have VBET translation software. This plugin is also disabled now because it to causes the rest of the site to shut down.
    Right now my server and I are trying to sort through everything to see how we can get everything back up and running the way it did prior to the latest upgrade.
    I can appreciate vBulletin in the fact that various upgrades are needed in order to fix reported bugs, security breaches, etc. It's just unfortunate that sometimes these upgrades/updates can cause alot of damage to an existing site also, especially this time around.
  • PossumX
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.1.x

vBulletin Upgrade Frustrations

You have to remember that vB does not know nor support any plugin beyond theirs.

You should have a mirror test site that you test upgrades on first. Beyond that, if plugins are critical, you will need to wait for the plugin developer to update the code for the version of vB you want to upgrade to.

There is literally nothing wrong from the vBulletin aspect on this topic.

I had to wait 8 months to upgrade to 4.x due to plugin dependencies and now I test every upgrade before applying to the production site.

Comment