Permissions & inheritance... super frustrating.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griphus
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] Permissions & inheritance... super frustrating.

I am trying to set up permissions for the different sections (and subsections) in my CMS installation.

Apparently if you "never touch" a section's permissions, it inherits permissions from its parents. However, by this time I've messed with permissions of every single section. So do I now need to go and manually set every single permission for every group in every subsection? That's not really acceptable.

Isn't there any way to set a section to inherit from its parents, then add/deny specific permissions for specific usergroups? That just seems like a logical design to me.
  • Griphus
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

bump?

Comment

• Griphus
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

bump.

Comment

• Griphus
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.6.x

bump. Is there something unclear regarding my original question?

Comment

• Griphus
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

bump.

Comment

• PossumX
            • Oct 2006
            • 4.1.x

Permissions & inheritance... super frustrating.

It's the way it works. At this point, based on what you described, you'll have I edit each group in each forum to make it work how your wish. Unfortunate? Yes, but I don't think there is any other option, at least that I am aware of.

You can control inheritance at the time of forum creation, but not as granular as you are referring ( altering additional permissions in line)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...