Can site user register for both our site and forum at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StatChat
    • Jun 2014
    • 4.1.x

Can site user register for both our site and forum at the same time?

Hello,

Our website asks a person to register to become a user of the site (standard for lots of sites.) Our forum is held in a iframe on our website for users to view but with vBulletin being a 3rd party the forum requires our member of the site to register for use of the forum. I'd like to ask is it possible for our web team to get step by step assistance on how to setup this to be a one step register for both our site and the forum for each member...?

Question:
    How do we setup our website registration for a user to also be directly registered on our vBulletin forum as a member of that too?

Thank you.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This would require a log in bridge, which will be a fair amount of custom coding to achieve properly.
    You could try asking for help on vbulletin.org, the modification site. My feeling is that you'll end up needing to pay someone privately to achieve this.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• StatChat
      • Jun 2014
      • 4.1.x

Thanks Mark. I'll ask our web team to look into this. They are a talented team so I'm sure we'll get it done. Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Gary E
        • Jul 2013
        • 4.1.x

What kind of frontend software are you using on your site? Such as WordPress? There is a mod on vbulletin.org, called vbsso. It stands for Vbulletin Single Sign-On. It links the logins for the support Web platforms, so when a user login your site, he/she will be logged in through out your entire site including the Vbulletin Forum. When the user logs out, that user will also be logged out of the forum. The point is, the login system will be connected to each other. And you don't need to use one database, you can use multiple databases for each software. Here is the link to VBSSO on vbulletin.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270517 Note: I haven't had a chance to use this or test this myself yet, but if it works as described, it should be perfect for your site. Good luck. I hope I helped.

Comment

• StatChat
          • Jun 2014
          • 4.1.x

Hi Gary no it isn't a wordpress. It's an actual website

Originally posted by Gary E
          What kind of frontend software are you using on your site? Such as WordPress? There is a mod on vbulletin.org, called vbsso. It stands for Vbulletin Single Sign-On. It links the logins for the support Web platforms, so when a user login your site, he/she will be logged in through out your entire site including the Vbulletin Forum. When the user logs out, that user will also be logged out of the forum. The point is, the login system will be connected to each other. And you don't need to use one database, you can use multiple databases for each software. Here is the link to VBSSO on vbulletin.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270517 Note: I haven't had a chance to use this or test this myself yet, but if it works as described, it should be perfect for your site. Good luck. I hope I helped.
          Last edited by StatChat; Tue 10 Feb '15, 10:26am.

Comment

• StatChat
            • Jun 2014
            • 4.1.x

Can anyone assist with this request and or are there any new updates on this matter. We would like our users who signup on our site to also be signed up for forum. Our site is not wordpress it is mostly PHP custom work

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

You won't get modifications help here. VB.com is here for software support. All modifications discussions are on vbulletin.org like Mark mentioned in post #2 9 months ago.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...