X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mucker15
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] need help

My forum Vbulletin 4 will not send emails it says its fine and emails all worked but no one recieves them
    this is what I get when I run a diagnostic in the admin panel
    I tried to call vbulletin and got no where im verty frustrated
    The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
    Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

Can VB fix this for me ? Im totally lost and need despeartley to get his fixed I need to reach all my members for a very important chairty event for a very sick 2 year old

I did upload a patch and tried to upgrade to the newest version which didnt work

also got this message in the repair optimize tables section
    If for whatever reason the UNIQUE indexes in your database have been lost (usually this happens after importing an incomplete or corrupt SQL dump) you may find strange behavior, particularly when using the language and template systems.

This system will attempt to correct the problem and rebuild your UNIQUE indexes.

Please ensure that the mysql-schema.php file is present in the install folder on your web server before continuing.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

This is a server issue, not a vbulletin one, unless you have misconfigured vbulletin's email settings. Can you please post your settings from AdminCP > Settings > Options > EMail Options. And post the results of the test email - didn't it spit out the parameters also?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mucker15
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.1.x

I called go daddy they said the forum isnt configured to send mail on their server

this is what they sent me
      What email or relay server should I use in my PHP code?

Date Submitted: 3-7-2011
      363 People Found this Helpful
      This was helpful!
      Not what you're looking for?
      We want your feedback!

Topic: PHP Form Mailer

If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.

Comment

• mucker15
        • Feb 2012
        • 4.1.x

Enable Email features?
        Enable the following email-sending features:
        Report Bad Post
        'Contact Us' Link
        Email a Member
        Email this Page to a Friend
        New Post Notifications to Members

You can turn off the 'Send to Friend' feature for individual user groups in the User Permissions area.
        YesNo
        Error:1
        Allow Users to Email Other Members
        Allow users to send emails to other users. Use the option below to determine how the emails are sent.
        YesNo
        Use Secure Email Sending
        If 'Allow Users to Email Other Members' is set to 'Yes', how should members' email addresses be displayed?

If this is set to 'Yes', then an online form must be filled in to send a user an email, thus hiding the destination email address.

Setting 'No' will mean that the user is just given the email address in order to send email using their email client application.
        YesNo
        Email Flood Check
        Specify in seconds how much time must elapse before a user may send consecutive emails.

Set to 0 to disable this flood check. Admins are always exempt from this floodcheck.

Comment

• mucker15
          • Feb 2012
          • 4.1.x

Use Mailqueue System
          When enabled, subscription emails generated by your site will be processed in batches to lessen the load on your server. Account activation, lost passwords and other vital emails are sent instantly regardless of this setting. If your site has low traffic, subscription emails may be delayed.

If you have a large site, you may wish to enable locking. This prevents a rare situation where the same email is sent multiple times.
          No
          Yes
          Yes, with locking

Number of Emails to Send Per Batch
          vBulletin includes a mail queuing system to prevent bottlenecks when sending lots of email. Use this option to specify how many emails will be sent per batch.
          Bounce Email Address
          The email address where bounce messages will be directed. If this field is blank, the Webmaster Email address will be used.

This email is used when using an SMTP server, or when the 'Enable -f Parameter' email for sendmail is switched on.
          Enable '-f' Parameter
          Some sendmail servers may require the '-f' parameter to be sent with email calls from PHP. If you are having problems with users not receiving email, try enabling this option. In all likelihood, your problem will not be caused by this setting.

This setting does not work when PHP SAFE MODE is enabled.
          YesNo
          Use Bulk Header?
          Mail servers using Exchange will send auto responders unless you mark your email as bulk mail. While there is no documented case of emails being marked as spam directly due to this header, there is no guarantee what other mail servers will do with this header.

Set this option to 'yes' if you are getting tired of all the auto responders in your webmaster email from Exchange servers.
          YesNo
          Encode as UTF-8
          If this is set to 'Yes' then emails will be reencoded to UTF-8 before sending, if possible.
          YesNo
          SMTP Email
          Set this option to yes to use an SMTP server rather than the internal PHP mail() function.
          YesNo
          SMTP Host
          If you've enabled SMTP mail, please specify the host here. You may find that specifying an IP Address rather than a domain name, results in better performance. Example: smtp.gmail.com
          SMTP Port
          If you've enabled SMTP mail, please specify the port here.
          SMTP Username
          If you've enabled SMTP mail and your server requires authentication, please specify your username here.
          SMTP Password
          If you've enabled SMTP mail and your server requires authentication, please specify your password here.
          SMTP Secure Connection
          If you've enabled SMTP mail and your server requires a TLS connection, please set this to yes. This requires OpenSSL support to be compiled into PHP.
          NoneSSLTLS

Comment

• mucker15
            • Feb 2012
            • 4.1.x

SMTP: relay-hosting.secureserver.net
            sendmail_from: [email protected]
            sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
            Help
            Results
            The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
            Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

Comment

• mucker15
              • Feb 2012
              • 4.1.x

thats all i got could it be a smpt issue Im new to forums as you can tell any help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

• mucker15
                • Feb 2012
                • 4.1.x

I think I got it changed the smpt and added the info go daddy told me to add thnx

Comment

• mucker15
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 4.1.x

mods please delete

Comment

• mucker15
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 4.1.x

ok the test emails work fine I get them but thats it

Comment

• mucker15
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 4.1.x

mass emails are still a problem I tried to send only 75 at a time still not working yet

Comment

• mucker15
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 4.1.x

Help

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

I would ask godaddy if they allow you to send mass emails like that. Shared hosting is pretty tight and they may be stopping it.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• mucker15
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 4.1.x

they have a 1000 email policy so maybe that explains the mass emails but no one gets PM notifications or thread suscription emails so I need to figure out why

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

Have you looked at your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? They may have the reason for the problem in there.

Comment