Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Dengler
    • Feb 2004

[Forum] Post and thread count doesn't match search results

When I compare each members' post and thread count, as displayed in the Members List, against the number of results returned using Find all posts by (member's name) and Find all threads started by (member's name) the counts don't match the search results. The search results match the database so why is the post and thread count in the Members List different? Before you suggest it, I have already Rebuild Thread Information, Rebuild Forum Information, Rebuild Statistics and Update Post Counts.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

In the Member List I can only see how you can display the Post Count. You indicated that you are showing the Thread Count in the Members List, is this from a modification?

Comment

• Michael Dengler
      • Feb 2004

I think you may be right, Andy. If it is, it was added some years ago. Perhaps, my webhost has upgraded something causing a problem to the modification.

Update: Looks like My Threads is a custom field. I also have another custom field called Replies to My Posts. Custom fields can be added by checking Custom Fields in vBulletin Options --> User Listing & Profile Viewing --> Member List Field Options. I've forgotten how I coded those fields. Do custom fields require editing the Members List template and/or file?
      Last edited by Michael Dengler; Wed 22 Feb '12, 11:58am.

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Sorry Michael I have no experience with displaying custom fields in the Members List. My suggestion is to remove the custom fields if you can't make it work correctly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...