• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xDSL
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

[CMS] Disable Normal Registration - But Enable FacebookConnect

Hi,

can i Disable Normal Registration But, Enable FacebookConnect ?.

I want only user who have facebook can register and login to my site. Is it possible?

thank you.
  • Stallyon
    • Mar 2005
    • 4.2.X

I'm pretty sure you can...

Under Admin Panel -> Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options -> make sure you say yes to Enable Auto-Register
    Under Admin Panel -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> make sure you say no to Allow New User Registrations
    A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
    vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• wisemasterchief
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by xDSL
      Hi,

can i Disable Normal Registration But, Enable FacebookConnect ?.

I want only user who have facebook can register and login to my site. Is it possible?

thank you.
      I am doing this on my site. less headaches really. ~peace

Comment

• luism
        • Aug 2008
        • 5.1.x

Could it be this simple?
        Let me try.
        -Luis M

http://www.appstorerevealed.com

Comment

• acwatts
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

I suppose it's one way to kill a forum.

Comment

• wisemasterchief
            • Nov 2009

well.. carefully planned out facebook page for your site goes a long way.. totally destroys spammers.

Comment

• Gomjaba
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Stallyon
              I'm pretty sure you can...

Under Admin Panel -> Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options -> make sure you say yes to Enable Auto-Register
              Under Admin Panel -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> make sure you say no to Allow New User Registrations

Just tried it myself but it will then say that registrations are currently not allowed ?!?
              I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

• wisemasterchief
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Gomjaba
                Just tried it myself but it will then say that registrations are currently not allowed ?!?
                yep... that is what is does.

you are no longer registering new users. you are now letting facebook users to connect to your site.

Comment

• Gomjaba
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by wisemasterchief
                  yep... that is what is does.

you are no longer registering new users. you are now letting facebook users to connect to your site.
                  What I mean. If a new user comes along (with the registration button obviously gone) and hits the connect with FB button, it asks for the FB authentication - which is fine, but then redirects to the error that registrations aren't possible at this moment.

Here an example.. you can see the user's avatar from FB but it doesn't register the user

Comment

• wisemasterchief
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Gomjaba
                    What I mean. If a new user comes along (with the registration button obviously gone) and hits the connect with FB button, it asks for the FB authentication - which is fine, but then redirects to the error that registrations aren't possible at this moment.

Here an example.. you can see the user's avatar from FB but it doesn't register the user

check your facebook setup in option.. make sure you have enable auto registration

Comment

• Gomjaba
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 3.5.x

I did .. but it made me wonder. I "obviously" tested it with my account which happened to have the same email as the FB account, changed, tested, done .. works like a charm ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...