VB4.1.9 "You don't have permission to access /forumvb/content.php on this server"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YK0302
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.2.x

[CMS] VB4.1.9 "You don't have permission to access /forumvb/content.php on this server"

I am trying to edit articles and since we upgraded to VB4.1.9 there have been niggling issues.

Somewhere else not sure where I cannot find it again I read that CMS update issues in 4.1.9 could be worked around by allowing comments in articles. This has worked for some content but not all.

When the update crashes out with the dump allowing comments works but for this article when I try to update I get
    You don't have permission to access /forumvb/content.php on this server.
    I understand all this is fixed in VB4.1.10 but I need a work around right now for 4.1.9 please

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
    Last edited by YK0302; Tue 21 Feb '12, 4:26pm. Reason: added notification
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You don't have permission to access forum/vb/content.php is not a vBulletin error, and wouldn't be fixed specificly by upgrading. That is a server error message, it may be hiding a vBulletin/php error message. If its the article comment bug, upgrading to 4.1.10 will fix your issue, the work around is to allow articles to have comments.

Comment

• YK0302
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      You don't have permission to access forum/vb/content.php is not a vBulletin error, and wouldn't be fixed specificly by upgrading. That is a server error message, it may be hiding a vBulletin/php error message. If its the article comment bug, upgrading to 4.1.10 will fix your issue, the work around is to allow articles to have comments.
      I undertand 4.1.10 will fix the article comment bug

What I need is a workaround for this issue which started with 4.1.9

Can anyone assist me please?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Not until we get a real error message, or find out the cause of your You don't have permission to access /forumvb/content.php on this server.

As I said before, that is not a vbulletin error message.

Comment

• Leinad_r
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by YK0302
          I am trying to edit articles and since we upgraded to VB4.1.9 there have been niggling issues.

Somewhere else not sure where I cannot find it again I read that CMS update issues in 4.1.9 could be worked around by allowing comments in articles. This has worked for some content but not all.

When the update crashes out with the dump allowing comments works but for this article when I try to update I get

I understand all this is fixed in VB4.1.10 but I need a work around right now for 4.1.9 please

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
          check your server error log (if you don't know where to find it, ask your hoster

As I said before, that is not a vbulletin error message.
          friendly & great support here..........
          wouldn't it be better to describe how to get the real error message, instead of this?
          Last edited by Leinad_r; Tue 21 Feb '12, 10:29pm.
          Not sent from my iPhone and not using any browser attaching any 3rd party advertisement to my posts

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

I swore I had added that in my first post, check with your webhost for any error logs related to your site in their system logs, or your personal error logs (apache/webserver)

Also double check the ownership and permissions of the file.

Comment

• YK0302
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.2.x

Thank you I have asked my hosting provider for logs

In the meantime, after a little more testing I have found a little more about the scenarios which the 404 error occurs.
              • Edit a post with more then 3 urls and the 404 error pages appears when saving changes
              • Edit a post with more then 3 urls and click on the advanced editor and the 404 error page occurs
              You can create new posts with more then 3 urls with no problems.
              You can create a post with more then 3 IMG tags and there are no problems.
              You can edit a post with more then 3 IMG tags and there are no problems.
              You can edit a post with more then 3 urls successfully if you delete the contents of the editor window, it works like a new post even though it is an edit.

I am thinking more and more that this is an editor issue or perhaps a setting in VB needs to be increased.

That said I will chase my provider for logs so I can see error message detail

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

You might want to check out and see if mod_security is an issue, or suhosin.

Comment

• YK0302
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  You might want to check out and see if mod_security is an issue, or suhosin.
                  Thanks unfortunately that doesn't mean much to me, can you give me a little more help please?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Ask your webhost again )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...