X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

[CMS] Forbidden when saving CMS

All of a sudden whenever I press save for any edited CMS content, the browser returns a 'forbidden' message.

Any ideas why, the most recent thing I did was change some CMS permissions but they are back as they were and also upgraded to 4.2.2 PL1 from 4.2.2
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

Where's the support gone from around this place, it's become a Joke. I'm been a purchaser of vB for a long time and it's seriously gone down hill.

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Have a look at your servers error logs for a clue or ask your host.

Comment

• sparky
        • Dec 2005
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by donald1234
        Have a look at your servers error logs for a clue or ask your host.
        Not so sure it's the Server, I can edit a section and save, create a new article and even save some historical but some report back forbidden in the browser or page cannot be displayed.

Comment

• donald1234
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by sparky

Not so sure it's the Server, I can edit a section and save, create a new article and even save some historical but some report back forbidden in the browser or page cannot be displayed.
          It is the server that "forbids" the page from being served, most likely a permissions issue. The server error_logs will give you a clue, if you don't know where to find them ask your host.

Comment

• sparky
            • Dec 2005
            • 4.2.x

When I edit certain articles and press save, the server reports this

File does not exist: /data03/myhost/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://mysite/content.php?115-Welcome-to-mysite/edit

Also

File does not exist: /data03/myhost/public_html/highslide/highslide.config.js, referer: http://mysite/content.php?115-Welcome-to-mysite/edit

Yet I can copy the URL and the page is served.

I can goto another section, perform an edit with the same type of build and code embedded in the article and it is successful.

Comment

• sparky
              • Dec 2005
              • 4.2.x

Looks like it's to do with highslide, if I delete the code it's fine but strange since nothing has changed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...