Changing Domain Names. What are the files/scripts and how do's I need to alter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrdale96
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Changing Domain Names. What are the files/scripts and how do's I need to alter?

We have recently bought had change Domain names. Are old one is still good through October so we have it set up as a Parked Domain on our VPS. I wanted to know exactly what steps I need to take to change vBulletin all over to the new Domain itself?
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
    Twitter - @pghsportsforum
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

Just change the appropriate settings in the admincp under vBulletin Options.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Mrdale96
      • Feb 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by reefland
      Just change the appropriate settings in the admincp under vBulletin Options.
      I was looking for a more specific response. Which exact settings and I would assume that I have to change settings in a file, config? I can't remember and am not sure exactly

Thanks

Comment

• whitey10tc
        • Jan 2011
        • 4.0.x

In your Admincp find all the instances of your url and change as desired. Start with
        options Site Name / URL / Contact Details Forum URL, etc, etc. Then proceed onward and down the list. Depending on what addons you have you may only need to change the info in a couple spots. Don't forget to change your email info also.
        Then check your config.php and change anything that may need to be changed there. Possibly database name and username, and forum path if entered there.
        www.cdmagurus.com
        www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• Mrdale96
          • Feb 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by whitey10tc
          In your Admincp find all the instances of your url and change as desired. Start with
          options Site Name / URL / Contact Details Forum URL, etc, etc. Then proceed onward and down the list. Depending on what addons you have you may only need to change the info in a couple spots. Don't forget to change your email info also.
          Then check your config.php and change anything that may need to be changed there. Possibly database name and username, and forum path if entered there.
          Thanks! The Config File was the one I wasnt sure if I altered and fi there were anymore

Comment

• bf777
            • Feb 2007
            • 4.1.x

I'm in the process of doing this as well.

Why is my config file blank? There's nowhere to update settings.

Comment