Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morrow
    • Mar 2002

[Forum] 404 Template edit issue

I'm having an issue editing some templates but not all. After editing a template, I attempt to save but am presented with the error you see in the attached image.

Can someone help me out with this? I'm waiting 4 days for another question to be answered... What happened to vBulletin support?????????

Click image for larger version

Name:	vBulletin_404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	3722768

Thanks.
    -=morrow=-
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The most likely cause of this problem is the suhosin module in PHP. If so this can be fixed by editing the php.ini (requires root access to the server) or by via a .htaccess file with the following contents:

php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
    php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
    php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048

You can create your own .htaccess file and upload it to your main forum directory. It's a simple text file.

If this doesn't work or you get an 'Internal Server Error' after doing this, then unfortunately this means that your host is not allowing this change. The only thing you can do now is to ask your host to make the necessary changes to suhosin.

Here is a post that lists some of the recommended suhosin settings for compatibility with vB:

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• morrow
      • Mar 2002

That was fast. Thanks for the quick reply. I will try your recommendations starting with .htaccess because I know I have access to this. If not, I'll forward it to my host they seem to be very helpful with this type of stuff.

Thanks again
      -=morrow=-

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
        • Sep 2010
        • 4.2.X

I don't have suhosin. How am I going to solve it ?
        http://www.technopat.net/forum/

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

First thing to do is check your server error logs like the error messages says to do. You may need to ask your host where they are. Also, do you have mod_security on the server?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
            • Sep 2010
            • 4.2.X

I have created a Support Ticket . I have checked PHP Info and saw nothing about mod sec there.
            http://www.technopat.net/forum/

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

What is the code you're trying to add?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...