vB on Windows with IIS -- any docs for php on Win 2012 server?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woofster
    • Feb 2004

vB on Windows with IIS -- any docs for php on Win 2012 server?

(I know, I know, it is really easy to run vB on a linux server.... Yes, we have lots of linux servers.... But our live web servers are windows. We ran vB on linux for years, and for the past few years have run it on windows2003 server.)

The real question is: How to install php 5.3.x on Win2012 server (IIS v8). I found this question, but no other clues so far: http://serverfault.com/q/598681/13716
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can find instructions for installing PHP on Windows servers on Microsoft's Website here:
    This article describes how to configure the FastCGI module and PHP to host PHP applications on IIS 7 and above. IMPORTANT : This article provides instruction...

The instructions should be the same for IIS 8. If you're just installing PHP now, I would recommend using the latest version of PHP 5.4 instead of PHP 5.3. This is for both security and performance benefits.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woofster
      • Feb 2004

Found the answer... the microsoft web platform installer, v5.0.... two clicks and php 5.3 or 5.4 is on your iis box, running and all. It is magic! (It is actually easier and faster than php on linux.... amazing!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...