About me tab, how to make it not display.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonsidneyb
    • Mar 2006

[Forum] About me tab, how to make it not display.

How do I make the about me tab not display.

I logged on as a regular member today and saw the about me tabs. I am not sure why but when I log in as an admin and click on a user it does not display the about me tab. When I tried today I found out standard users can see it. Competitors are using the about me tab to market in my forum.

• ENF
    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by jonsidneyb
    How do I make the about me tab not display.

I logged on as a regular member today and saw the about me tabs. I am not sure why but when I log in as an admin and click on a user it does not display the about me tab. When I tried today I found out standard users can see it. Competitors are using the about me tab to market in my forum.
    I'd have to do some checking, but off-hand, this can be controlled by the user profile privacy settings that's available to each user. Another method to control this would be adding a conditional statement to that tab that would block it from being seem by everything not included in the conditional.

If you want to block non-registered guests from seeing your user's profile data, then you could set the flag in user group permissions (Unregistered / Not Logged In) to disable viewing of member's information. (Profiles, members list, etc.)

If the people that are your competitors are also members, that's a bit more tricky. (Unless you just want to flat out turn "About Me" off.)
    To be updated...

Comment