X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stephen Best
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Ad location templates not displaying ads

I've upgraded to 4.1.10, and the following ad templates don't appear to be working.

ad_showthread_beforeqr
    ad_showthread_firstpost
    ad_thread_first_post_content
    ad_thread_last_post_content
    ad_forumdisplay_afterthreads
    ad_forumhome_afterforums

It may be that the "Manage Ads" feature supersedes some of these.

If memory serves (and it often doesn't), I seem to recall a template that added an ad after the first post, not within it.

Any thoughts?
    --
    Stephen Best
    Owner / Administrator
    Volconvo.com
  • VbulletinItalia.
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.1.x

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Remove Orphan Stylevars.

Comment

• PossumX
      • Oct 2006
      • 4.1.x

These are not Stylevars, they are templates:

I am having the same issue with "ad_thread_last_post_content", not showing no matter what.

When I look in postbit and postbit_legacy, I find the reference to this ad location (and ad_thread_first_post_content) to be as noted below in both:

Code:
       {vb:raw ad_location.thread_first_post_content}
                      </vb:if>
                      <vb:if condition="$post['islastshown']">
                          {vb:raw ad_location.thread_last_post_content}
      It appears that the leading "ad_" is missing from the vb:raw statement, however, when I make that change, it does not fix the issue.

The reference above these is correct in both postbit and postbit_legacy, with the following:

Code:
       {vb:raw ad_location.ad_showthread_firstpost_start}
      What am I missing here? Are these Ad Templates valid still?

Comment

• PossumX
        • Oct 2006
        • 4.1.x

NVM, I figured it out, I think.

The "ad_thread_last_post_content" & "ad_thread_first_post_content" templates themselves seem to be dead, non functional.

I disassociated my Google Adsense ID, which I didn't even realize was there, downloded and then uploaded all the files after the complete de-association.

From there I was able to us the admincp > Advertising > Ad New Ad > Last Post Content, and ad the code I wanted to that location (had to fix my invalid edits of the postbit and postbit_legacy templates as well). This worked.

Still, the question needs to be answered, are the 2 Ad Location Templates, referenced at the beginning of this post, deprecated?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...