Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnmann
    • Nov 2010

[Forum] vBulletin Subscription Manager

I have a subscription set up on my forum so that members can pay annually.

I don't currently have the recurring box checked, do I need this checked to enable the payment to be automatically taken each year?

If so, can I tick it now or would I need to start a new subscription and move all users across?

• Trevor Matthews
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.1.x

I use Pay Pal and set my subscriptions to recurring.

This has been a right pain as some members have received the email telling them the renew is due, rather than wait for the payment to be taken they go to the forum and manually pay, a few days later the forum automatically takes the payment.

I have now turned recurring off.

I also found that lots of members cancelled the recurring payments through Pay Pal as well.
    Regards
    Trevor

Comment

• jnmann
      • Nov 2010

I thought the idea of the subscription manager was to make this all easier! From what you've said it sounds like it's better managed manually. I wonder if that email could have been edited to say "Your payment will be taken...."?

Many thanks Trevor.

Comment

• jnmann
        • Nov 2010

Anyone else using recurring payments? Am I better just to request renewals form members manually...sheesh, that would be a big job!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...