• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalereardon
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Help adding an ad to the forum - Where to put CSS code

Hi,

I am trying to put a Mail Chimp (my newsletter company) signup form on my forum. I created the code inside Mailchimp and the code it gave me is at:

ThermoJo is Jo Reardon, your Thermomix® Consultant based in Cairns, Far North Queensland, and selling the Thermomix TM6 and helping you across Australia. Contact me to see the Thermomix TM6 in action. In person or remote help available. Thermomix training available worldwide.

However the problem is that it puts some CSS style code in the head section of the page. I am trying to use the ad manager to insert the signup form on the forum. I have currently put the signup form on the forum and you can see how terrible it looks at:

http://www.settledin.com.au/forum/showthread.php/81-How-do-I-start-planning-the-move

without the formatting it is no good.

Where can I put the head code to make the form appear correctly? I don't know how to edit that part of the forum. I am using a custom layout that a designer did for us which needs changing anyway.

I will paste the form code I am trying to use here but don't know if this forum will show it properly. Otherwise to view it you will have to view the source code of the page at:

ThermoJo is Jo Reardon, your Thermomix® Consultant based in Cairns, Far North Queensland, and selling the Thermomix TM6 and helping you across Australia. Contact me to see the Thermomix TM6 in action. In person or remote help available. Thermomix training available worldwide.

Thanks,
    Dale.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <!-- Change the width below to just wider than your form's width
    to optimize its initial scale on Apple iOS and Android devices -->
    <meta name = "viewport" content="width=730">
    <title>SETTLED IN - NEWSLETTER SIGNUP - For all things Tasmanian</title>

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {background-color:#FFFFFF; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; text-align:center; min-width: 500px; margin:50 0 0 0;}
    p {line-height:12px;}
    .container {background-color:#FFFFFF; width:720px; border:1px solid #999999; padding:5 5 15 5; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;}
    .pageTitle {background-color:#669900; padding:4px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:left;}
    .pageTitleAlert {background-color:#FF0000; padding:4px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:left;}
    .pageTitleSuccess {background-color:#33CC00; padding:4px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:left;}
    .formLabel {font-size:11px;}
    .error {color:#FF0000; font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;}
    .small {font-size:11px;}
    -->
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div class="container">
    <div class="pageTitle">SETTLED IN - NEWSLETTER SIGNUP - For all things Tasmanian</div>
    <form action="http://settledin.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="u" value="81d3e33e1dba0175eb5738276">
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="c3e7436479">
    <table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    <td align="right" class="formLabel"><strong>Email Address</strong> <span class="asterisk">*</span>:</td>
    <td align="left">
    <input type="email" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" name="MERGE0" id="MERGE0" size="25">
    <br></td>
    <td align="right" class="formLabel">First Name:</td>
    <td align="left">
    <input type="text" name="MERGE1" id="MERGE1" size="20">
    <br></td>
    <td align="right" class="formLabel">Last Name:</td>
    <td align="left">
    <input type="text" name="MERGE2" id="MERGE2" size="20">
    <br></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="right">&nbsp;</td>
    <td align="left">
    <!--
    IF you want this to work with our Facebook app, your submit button *must* start with this:
    <input type="submit"
    and end with a >. You can have whatever else you'd like in the rest of the tag, and we'll maintain any custom "value" you set.
    -->
    <input type="submit" value="Subscribe">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...