Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Froberg
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.0.x

I'm fairly sure this feature was present in 3.x.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

The RSS feed (external.php) has NEVER shown threads from forums that guests could not view. It has been that way since the RSS feed was first introduced and it is still the same way.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Dingo38
        • Oct 2008

Then why did you edit your post deleting this line..

I disagree that the RSS icon should be shown if all they are going to be shown is a blank page and that is how it is now and so I like the way it is now.
        It was always there,until 4.1.10 were some little just out of school coder changed it.I am really thinking after using vb for 10 years..Switching.

Comment

• Maurd
          • Jun 2011
          • 4.1.x

It has _never_ shown content from private areas. The only thing that changed in 4.1.10 was the displaying of the icon.

Why not just download an older version and see for yourself?
          - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dingo38
            Then why did you edit your post deleting this line..

I disagree that the RSS icon should be shown if all they are going to be shown is a blank page and that is how it is now and so I like the way it is now.
            I edited my post to add a line about your quoted text because I realized you were a different person than who I thought I was replying to. My original post with the content you quoted (which I never deleted):
            Originally posted by Lynne
            I thought the improvement request would be to allow private forums to be viewed by the users who have access to them (that is what Froberg was talking about).

Originally posted by Dingo38
            It was always there,until 4.1.10 were some little just out of school coder changed it.I am really thinking after using vb for 10 years..Switching.
            The icon was there, yes, but you got a blank page if you clicked on the RSS icon for a non-public forum. It has been that way forever. (Which is why I have had to edit my own external.php to show certain forums which are normally not public.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment